Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Price of Vintage parts

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by PeterUK, Mar 17, 2003.

1. PeterUK

PeterUK Friend of Leo's

2. Tom A.

Tom A. Tele-Meister

No way, I don't have that kind of money. I play them, not collect vintage stuff.

Tom

3. Brad

Brad Tele-Afflicted

It is just incredible the way prices for these things have skyrocketed. I would not pay that price, but many will and do! It makes me want to kick myself for all the things I've let go cheap or gave away over the years.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Florida Sam

Florida Sam TDPRI Member

Check out the prices on vintage Les Paul parts and Tele parts seem like a bargain!!! The 1959 LP replica I bought used has a bunch of vintage parts, I was just OFFERED $900 for my tuners and $650.00 for my knobs and $300 for 2 capacitors :eek: I paid about that much for the entire guitar!!! Things have gone insane. A 1959 neck pickup ring sells for $5000.00 all day long in the right circles. When I saw this I was sure it was a joke but I assure you people happily pay these prices. The parts aren't getting any easier to find and these people feel that $5000.00 spent today is a savings of $5000.00 when they need that part in 5 years when they are going for $10,000.00. Thankfully I'm poor and don't have to worry about such things! :p

6. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

It's just like trying to part out a car. If you've never priced parts for a bumper or fender or any other part, forget it. Your $20,000 Chevy turns into a $50,000+ BMW.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.