Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Precision Guitar kits dot Com

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Bones, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Has anyone ordered one of these kits? They look pretty nice, Have my eye on the DC special kit, looks like it would be a fun project.

Any experiences?

Bruxist likes this.

2. Bruxist

Bruxist Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously, I have no experience but am very interested.

3. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 26, 2008
    roanoke, va

4. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Since I posted the proceeding thread 4 years ago I've put together another 5 kits. In total; 2 korina Vs, 1 Korina Explorer (both items no longer offered by PGK, two L.P. style and L.P. Junior and L.P. Special. and I absolutely will take any PGK "kit" over what Crazy Henry makes!

If you're looking for resale then don't go this route. Its kinda like amp kits.

BUT.

If you don't want to pay Crazy Henry thousands of dollars for a custom ordered whatever. These "kits" are the way to go.

If your a guy that swaps out pickups, etc. and can do your own finishing PGK are it. The wood quality is as good if not better than anything coming out of the T, Traditional, USA line in Nashville. NECk joints are tight!

The fret work is absolutely fantastic! Beats Gibson any day.
    These kits are not like the kits coming out of China.

I'm serious, I hesitate to even call them "kits" just because of some of the negative connotations people can take on a kit. They're more like unassembled guitars.

5. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    They look really nice. But at 650 for a LP style kit, no hardware...I can buy a brand new one (Gibson tribute 60s or whatever), with hardware for maybe 100 more. Finished. With gig bag. And strings. And hardware.

But they look to be very nice kits.

6. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 29, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I have a Junior made from a PGK kit and it is killer. They know the meaning of customer service too. Highly recommended.

Flakey likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.