Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Praise Band Names

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by rokdog49, Jun 5, 2012.

1. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

At our church we have two "praise bands". One is called Red Team and the other
    Blue Team. This was done to totally eliminate any ego trips on the part of the members.
    For fun, list the name of your band or one you would like to use.

I like this one: "Children of the Son"

2. Jack FFR1846

Jack FFR1846 Tele-Afflicted

3. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Meister

We call our P&W band "God-head".

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Teleworshipkid

Teleworshipkid Friend of Leo's

"[Worship Leader's Name] and the Son-shine band" is ours.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  6. christhee68

christhee68 Tele-Afflicted

How about focusing the attention on your church instead of yourself?

How about the "(church name) Praise Band." If you ever play out anywhere (festival, conference, etc) people will know where you came from and maybe come and visit you at your church.

7. adkima00

adkima00 Tele-Afflicted

We're just "The Praise Band" as in let's have a hand for "The Praise Band"....

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

8. john kleeman

john kleeman Tele-Holic

My old church did contemporary worship in a recently acquired Odd Fellows hall, complete with tuck n' roll bar. When I suggested the name "God's Bar Band", I got a few laughs. Next Sunday, the bar was behind curtains!

9. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

That's a waste of bar space... Coffee... Donuts... More coffee (I'm from Seattle :) )

It's better to have no band names than bad and or cheesy ones IMHO. At my last church I named the band as an organizational tool for me (Unified Theory, Calvary United, The Fellow Travelers). my brothers church has Proto Evangelion, The Good Stewarts, and Bright Flame, among others. My friends church has "the sing team, ghost ship, citizens, kings kaleidoscope, & others.

The question is why you'd name a band. I keep the fellow travelers moniker for when we do an outreach. Maybe its for organizational purpose. But blue and red team... Well, you could do a lot worse :)

10. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

This was meant to be fun...so -

Ok Christhee I get it. We'll call ourselves the "First United Methodist Christian Hearts Club Band"

11. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Tele-Holic

our pastor calls us "The No Name Band" ... it's not really a name but it's cheesy at the same time! :mrgreen:

12. Pigweed

Pigweed Tele-Meister

In our church we are referred to by the time of service - so there is the 9 O'Clock, the 11 O'Clock and the group I look after is the "Saturday Night' However there is a group of retired choir people who are able to sing at funerals and they are called the "Resurrection Choir" which I think is interesting.

13. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

touché sir :)

14. christhee68

christhee68 Tele-Afflicted

I hope no one took that the wrong way, but I get a little tweaked at our own praise band, especially when we lose track of the reason why we're there.

Let me put it this way, there are some in our band who believe that the reason people come to church is to hear the band, and that if we weren't there, no one would come to our church.

I'm not going to mention our band by name, but I'm sure anyone who wants to know can find it with just a little bit of effort.

Anyway, I've often thought that the names of gospel songs would make good band names.

15. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

Well I can honestly say no one in our band thinks that people come to hear us play. I will say the Pastor loves what we do for the music worship aspect of our service.

16. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

Just gonna throw this out there... But of people come to hear the pastor... Why not the band?

17. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Holic

A few years ago my church tried a third, "contemporary", service. It lasted just under a year due to scheduling and manpower constraints. We played in a band scenario, without the choir. We were fortunate to have really good singers on the team and, at times, we pulled off some nice harmonies. This prompted a friend in the congregation to suggest we were "The Jesus Eagles". We got a good laugh, but never adopted a name.

18. Tim's tele

Tim's tele TDPRI Member

For our youth band, we call it "the ignition band", as our service is titled "ignition". And for our contemporary service we call it the "C3 worship band", or something along those lines. (our church name is crosspoint community church, that is where the C3 comes from).

19. adkima00

adkima00 Tele-Afflicted

Ignition is also the name of our youth service. Not sure about the name of the youth band, but I'm sure I'll ding out at the end of the summer. My son is old enough for the youth group and will most likely be the drummer in the youth band.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

20. nrand

nrand Friend of Leo's

Our musicians are voluntary and we are in a village called Willunga - the rest was easy, 'The Band of the Willing'

21. 74 Deluxe

74 Deluxe Tele-Meister

We call our praise band " Crossfire" and we occasionally play at other events...like a benefit or an praise band jam... the name fits us, we're almost a blues rock band, mostly old rockers in our 50's. Covering current Christian rock is fairly easy, but we always do it in our "sound" rather than try to copy the original exactly.

how's about "God's House Band"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.