Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Practicing With Headphones

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Larmo63, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Larmo63

Larmo63 Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2018
    San Clemente, Ca
    What is the hot set up on headphones? I want to plug in to a practice amp that has that capability, but all the new sets have the small iPhone type jack. I know I can get an adaptor, but what do you use for this?

I'd really rather have something wireless, my amp isn't Bluetooth compatible but school me on what to buy.

Thanks

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    I use a 3.5mm to 1/4 adapter when needed although most of my headphones and devices have the standard 3.5mm jacks and plugs.

You can get a Bluetooth transmitter for about $10 to $15 on Amazon. This lets you add Bluetooth to a device that just has a standard jack. Latency can be a problem with Bluetooth though. It's not a problem when listening to music but it can get annoying when playing a faster song.

As for an amp, I usually have my Vox Mini or DigiTech RP-360 board so I just plug into whichever of those two I take on trips. I also have 3 Hotone heads but I don't take them with me when I travel now.

3. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I’ve got a set of Sony noise cancelling headphones. They take AA size or AAA batteries for the noise cancelling. Reasonably light weight and comfortable. I like them a lot.

EDIT: They are wired.

4. dogbert

dogbert TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Texas
    i dunno, headphones work for me.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.