Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Powerball is $650 Million. What guitar gear would you immediately buy if you win?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by homesick345, Aug 20, 2017.

1. mowgli5555

mowgli5555 TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Utah, USA
    Hmmm... Now after having thought about for a minute, I'll play.

First off, a few vintage Spanish classical guitars from around the 1850's until around the turn of the 19th century.

Then of course, an early Broadcaster, 55 LPC, 58 Burst, 54 Strat, and I would use them everyday.
    Anyone would need new amp... So a brownface Princeton Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, and Twin Reverb should cover that territory. You could even sneak an AC30 in there, and I would probably play it.

Then, everyone I know would need new gear. So then, there is that. Josh

2. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I think I'd go for a really nice house with land then then have a massive tailor-made man cave built, suitably soundproofed of course.

If I had any change I might also invest in a guitar rack that didn't wobble quite so much.

3. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

A 1955 Les Paul Custom and a Loyd Loar era L5.
    Then every historically significant instrument I could get my hands on if possible; Maybelle Carter's L5, Bill Monroe's F5 mandolin, Scotty Moore's es 275, any of George Harrison's Beatle's era guitars, any of Don Rich's sparkle teles, etc.

And then I would by a big plot of land and build a house on it with a big yard and then tell everyone to get off of my lawn.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    SnidelyWhiplash likes this.

4. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    Here's a "life hack" that'll keep you in button batteries for life. Instead of buying batteries, buy those LED tea lights. They come in about 8 per set, each with a battery and they'll often have extra batteries packed in with them. I think you might even be able to buy them at the $1 store stateside.

5. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    649.99 million $ worth of lottery tickets and a pack of gum...

gobi_grey likes this.

6. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    yeah, but it takes forever to tune my guitar by a tea light, seems like they just glow no matter what note I play or how much I turn the tuning key. I'm sticking with the Snark even though it ain't that bright.

7. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Think of how many batteries I could buy with that stateside airfare...;);)

8. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    Lol. I see what you did there.

ravindave_3600 likes this.

9. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Mar 15, 2009
    virginia
    The search would be on for that one great acoustic I hear in my head.

10. larsongs

larsongs TDPRI Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Southern California
    I would have a quiver of custom built Guitars to fit every style of Music I like to play. One would have to be blinged out with my name inlaid on the Neck, a Jumbo Electric Cowboy Guitar & a Black engraved leather Guitar Strap with inlaid Silver Dollars from one end to the other!

11. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    I'd buy a metric sh*tload of warmoth kit tele parts. Then I'd pay a friend to paint the bodies all either white or black.

When that was dry, Then I'd do full body sized artwork for each one, and get super thin mylar decals made of the art, and put the decal on it, and take it back to my friend and have him lacquer the body to finish it.

Viola! custom guitar decoration for each and every one. Then I'd have a blast screwing and soldering them all together, different pickups, different configurations, etc.

Normal guitars are boring.

12. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    And this, my friends, is what you are buying when you buy a lottery ticket.
    Dreams.

william tele likes this.

13. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Powerball is only at $78 million right now, so it's not even worth dreaming about.

william tele likes this.

14. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Holic

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I have all the gear I need between my Telecaster, Stratocaster, SG, Annie, and Simon and Patrick acoustic. I only need the Mesa Boogie amp I already own. I might be tempted by a PRS. Nothing exotic, a CE24 would do just fine. What I'd really go for is a Mercedes Benz E400 coupe to haul my stuff around in. I had one as a service loaner yesterday and it just blew me away.

15. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2016
    California
    How about a new truck to haul gear in? Does that count? Maybe a new wrangler to haul gear to remote locations just in case? Or a new Audi TTRS in case I'm running late to a gig. A new house to store the gear in would be lovely as well.

ravindave_3600 likes this.

16. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW

17. Ooba Tooba

Ooba Tooba Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2017
    Toledo Ohio USA
    I’m content with my gear. But if I did win I’d buy some old Gibson’s and Fenders, nocasters and strats. And some new ones too. And a blonde bassman Head, reverb unit, and 2/12 cab. And the 4/10 bassman. And a lot of little tweed amps. And Magnatone and Supro amps. And a Univibe. And a Rickenbacker. And one of these for sure
    https://reverb.com/p/gibson-style-u-harp-guitar-sunburst
    But that’s probably it:cool:

18. cabra velha

cabra velha Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Jan 21, 2016
    estados unidos
    Pre 45 Martin 000, Blonde dot neck ES-335, 58 Strat (not fussy about colors), a couple custom builds - one acoustic archtop and a couple classicals, a coffee plantation in Brazil and a new A-Star helicopter to haul me and my guitars around in. That would still leave me around 625 million, so give the rest of the money to MSF (doctors without borders).

19. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    I just want a good acoustic. J-45. Maybe a D-28. One or the other. Not both.

I've been thinking about this lottery business. On the one hand, I'm sure I could handle it without wrecking my life. I'm pretty content to begin with. If I could quit my job, travel, play guitar, fish, hunt and go to college all the time, that would be swell.

On the other hand, it would take away my blue collar, hard luck life that really grounds me musically. I couldn't be the musician I want to be if I were that rich. I'd be faking it, like Springsteen.

Nickadermis likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.