Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tjalla, Aug 25, 2009.
1. Barden's are not for everyone.
2. Playability mods are better than cosmetic mods.
3. Don't create a fake profile pretending to be chet- people don't appreciate that.
Always use the smiley face when posting facetiously. Irony is not always obvious.
Always tune up to the note, never down.
Never, ever, criticise Danny Gatton, James Burton, or Waylon Jennings.
1- The TDPRI mod: flip the control plate on a Tele for easier access to volume and tone knobs to do swells.
2- Bad Monkey: awesome inexpensive pedal
3- People believe that lots of different things affect tone: body wood, 3 saddles, rosewood fretboards, etc... and there is no right combination, just whatever works for the individual.
Don't buy amps. Build them.
1: If the saddles have to be set too high or low, shim the dang neck
2: Even an idiot can learn to build really good guitar amps
3: The sound of the guitar is REALLY from the sum of all its parts
a: The tone is "mostly" in the hands of the tele-holder
b: Don't discharge filter caps with your tongue. They don't taste very good.
I think its the same 5-6 guys that visit us.......Good guys none the less. I love the support....fo' sure.
But I'd like to do a promo and give-away a bridge or a neck like some of my friends over on another forum....100th post gets teh prize type thing....problem is.......it might take a year or 2.
I'll post in your promo thread 100 times for a free neck. I promise!
NEVER tell folks about what you can hear because the forum members with hearing loss will tell you, at length,...
1. You can't hear (whatever) because they can't.
2. They'll dare ya to a blind test knowing it'll never happen and offer that as proof they're right.
3. On the TDPRI, it's only correct if 0ld Fuzzy or Ron posts it.
4. When you're on stage, no one in the audience can hear if your guitar is swamp ash or mahogany.
and here's one I can actually use,...
When stringing up a new guitar, bring the strings to tension, let it sit for a bit, then loosen the neck screws somewhat and re torque 'em for a snug fit,....
Now where's that smily face icon when I need it?
1. it was a mistake telling chet where i live.
2. looking at pictures of other people's guitars can cost you a lot of money.
3. typing with one hand is harder than i thought.
3) Lotsa good info on the Tele!
2) Lost my fear of making a partscaster here
1) Lotsa good folks here! Some that are no longer with us, but still glad I got to know em.
1) The Tele is the most complex "simple" guitar on Earth
2) People obsess over the strangest things, especially when it comes to guitars and tone
3) We are all, all of us here, undeniably and incurably sick and given a miracle cure most of us would turn it down. I know I would!
Also...if someone can dig up those threads on how best to keep your guitar in tune right after putting new strings on I'd appreciate it....I like to change my strings fairly often
1) Getting the most out of a set of Gotoh Split Shafts is all about preparing the strings and properly installing the strings on the tuner posts. Thanks, 0le Fuzzy!;
2) USA Custom Guitar makes fantastic bolt neck guitar parts, and that if you wanna keep your cost per guitar down, order 8 necks, all the same specs;
3) Bill and Becky Lawrence make and sell the most incredible pickups, and "the good old days" are right now, as I write this.
- Using 1M pots
- Dummy coils
- People are the same everywhere
It could be this one.. http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-tech/100388-new-strings-mechanical-conundrum.html
1) everyone starts somewhere
2) amps are as fun to work on as tele's
3) simple guitars should play through simple amps, match made in heaven, the most direct path for the guitars signal will yeild excellent results.
1. Forget blind testing, ask those with no knowledge I always get my brother to tell me which pup or whatever sounds best
2. Far too many things about builing guitars.
3. Most times less is more.
1. there are too many overdrive pedals for us to have just one.
2. Never open up a tube amp if you don't know exactly what you're doing
3. the best noiseless pickups are...Whatever brand you pic..there always the next brand...