Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Post your clean setup here

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by DaphneBlue, Nov 5, 2017.

1. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    a friend of mine told me that he tried many echo pedals and that the echorec is just the best out there! I should try his!

jimash likes this.

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    My clean sounds are a Gretsch or Tele through a Nocturne Mystery Brain into my Two-Tone amp.

DaphneBlue likes this.

3. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland

It's the first time I see this red witch empress pedal (I just googled it). It looks rad!

FrontPU likes this.

4. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    Guitar to amp with touch o'verb.

flatcat and DaphneBlue like this.

5. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

57 Twin, Rickenbacker 620, Boss CE-1:

[​IMG]

6. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    ^ If you get a 620/12, you won't need the CE-1.

edipo and DaphneBlue like this.

7. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Both my boards have a dirt box, but I don’t use them much. Just when I want to put an exclamation point on a phrase or draw with a big fat crayon.
    Mostly I’m clean, or cleanish. I use my guitar’s volume knob to add or subtract grit from my Bassbreaker 15 which I run on the hottest channel with a bit of reverb. It cleans up nicely with just a little hair with my volume backed off about 1/3.
    I have a JHS modded VP Jr volume pedal (with a tuner out) and a Boss DD7 on my big board with a Roland expression pedal assigned to the DD7’s feedback so I can go smoothly from a single repeat to a wash of delay. I also have an MXR Phase90, an EHX Mel9 and a TC Electronics Ditto looper. I keep the noisier pedals (an OD, the Phase 90 and the Mel9) quite by routing them out through a Zvex Loopgate.
    My small board has a Boss tuner, an OD and an Alexander Sky Fi reverb/delay which is basically an old 80s Quadroverb in a box including all the wonderful, otherworldly unintended artifacts the good people at Alesis were probably less than thrilled with back in the day. It’s a great pedal for a small board because there are a lot of sonic options!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    gitlvr and DaphneBlue like this.

8. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Already have one and I still use the CE-1. A lot of times I use a 620 in Nashville tuning and double it if I need 12 string parts.

DaphneBlue and artdecade like this.

9. Guitaryellow

Guitaryellow Tele-Meister

Dec 22, 2017
    Kent
    Tele neck into Mesa MK2 straight.

Guitarteach and DaphneBlue like this.

10. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Clean side of my ethos rig w/verb or delay.

‍♂️Doh!, didnt realize I had replied to this post last year.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    DaphneBlue likes this.

11. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I know its complicated but here it is......

P1011827.JPG

DaphneBlue likes this.

12. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Tele, (with Keystone pick ups in parallel)>
    >Bogner Blue Ecstasy pedal, (Variac off, Blue channel, B2-EQ, 101-B amp mod.)
    >Visual Sound Echo/Delay pedal, (just a touch)
    >Digitech HOF Reverb pedal, (just a touch)
    >Silvertone 1483 amp.
    The Bogner pedal has a surprisingly good clean set up and just a dash of Reverb and Delay always seems to make a clean sound cleaner sounding. The Silvertone is a clean amp with the 6L6's and sounds fairly Fendery. The Keystone pick ups are very clean microphonic pick ups.
    It has always been easier to start clean and add dirt versus starting with dirt and attempting to make it sound clean for me.

DaphneBlue likes this.

13. cyclopean

cyclopean Tele-Afflicted

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    these days my clean is an acoustic guitar.

DaphneBlue and 4pickupguy like this.

14. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    single coil guitars straight into 40w BMRSF with 2x12 (Celestion V30, Eminence Alessandro)

or

single coil guitars into Strymon Flint, Quilter Micro 45, and the 1x12 Alessandro

or

K&K equipped acoustics (various) into K&k preamp into either of the above

DaphneBlue likes this.

15. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2008
    Northern Va.
    This is my setup.
    I don't have a separate clean rig. One for all. But I don't do the edge of breakup, volume knob dance for clean/dirty; my clean channel is as pristine clean as I can get it. And the Bandit does that really well, IMHO. Any dirt comes from pedals or the drive channel on my amp.
    Clean for me is the Reverb (or Delay, or any other assortment of ambient sounds) that the ART Multiverb III delivers, and my Peavey Bandit's clean channel. And/or the Ice Box Chorus on the board.
    I have contemplated Reverb and Delay for the pedalboard, but I seriously can't see a pedal outdoing what I already can get from the ART in that regard.
    Left to right, Crybaby, MXR Series 2000 Dynacomp. The red pedal above is the Boss PSM-5 power supply/effects loop, which powers everything.
    From the DynaComp it goes to the MojoMojo, EB Volume pedal, DOD Ice Box Chorus, TC Electronics Iron Curtain Gate, to front of amp.
    The Marshall foot switch controls my channel switching in the Bandit, and of course, the ART is in the effects loop of the Bandit. I have an X-11 foot controller for that as well, though it is not pictured.

100_3719.JPG 100_3721.JPG

16. AnAxeNamedBeverly

AnAxeNamedBeverly Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2017
    SC
    20171228_154643.jpg 20171201_133524.jpg It's been about 6 weeks since I put my dirt pedals in a shoebox to focus on my technique and I don't miss them at all.
    I had been coveting that boost to go with my amp, but there was no way I was going to pay $200, then one popped up in mint condition for $100+free shipping. Thank you Reverb!

17. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    I have two kinds of clean, neither of which are truly clean. I can back off the guitar volume and still have a small amount of grit. My DD-5 is always on, and if I want a more "atmospheric" clean, I turn on the RV-5.

18. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Tele or Strat straight into 6L6 Double Deluxe. Always in both the normal and bright. Love pushing this thing. I can back off slightly on the guitar volume or with my picking and get silky smooth cleans, or dig in and let it roar.

Minimalist518 and DaphneBlue like this.

19. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    how do you like the Multi verb 3 ? I got mine for 20.00 ( had a blown cap in the power supply) , 30 seconds with a soldering iron and a factory reset and she's as good as new!

DaphneBlue and gitlvr like this.

20. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2008
    Northern Va.
    I love it. I've had it at least 20 years.
    I used to use it and a GSP 21 Pro preamp/processor through that Peavey Classic 60/60 power amp in the pic, and a Peavey 412 cab.
    Fantastic setup, really quiet noisewise, but loud as heck.
    It has also spend time on top of several different guitar amps, been used on PA, recording, pretty much anywhere you need processing.
    I hope it runs for another twenty years; it will be a sad day if it ever dies.
    I have a GSP 21 Legend that lights up for a second, then goes dead. Have looked inside and can't see anything wrong. Would love to be able to get it up and running, as I would hook it up to my mixer in the studio.
    But I have no skills when it comes to diagnostics like that.

DaphneBlue likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.