Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Post a picture of the guitar you are currently saving/gas'ing for...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by intrafear, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Ta da! I assume something like this but no maple just rosewood?
    [​IMG]

2. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    That's pretty dang close. Just needs a rosewood neck. Do you think it would look decent without the binding? Trying to keep these builds as low cost as possible since I'm having to pay a left testicle and a portion of my shaft for the rosewood necks.

Edit: I'm seeing some without binding on the google image search (without the rosewood necks of course) and they look decent though the binding really makes it much classier. However, without the binding and lightly relic'd it may look good. It's gonna be getting a nitro finish anyway so it'll probably wear fairly quickly knowing the way I punish my (non vintage) gear.

3. brenn

brenn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    None. Since I got my Les Paul Traditional Pro, I haven't felt the need for any others. I keep thinking I should sell the others I've got.

4. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2012
    USA
    The rosewood necks are nice imho, the last Fender I bought was a rosewood neck Standard. Last guitar I bought though is the Ibanez Jet King.

Attached Files:

5. MahoganyStratDZ

Mar 5, 2012
    USA

They are pretty smoking, what is it a 3 or 4?

6. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    These two guitars below (Ricenbacker Roger McGuinn Signature model 12-string & the AllParts paisley are two guitars that I'm badly GAS'ing for at the moment.

edit-EMP_Ric12_-013.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 1.52.38 PM.jpg

7. nadnitram

nadnitram TDPRI Member

Jun 6, 2012
    North Canton, Ohio

To me, the difference between GAS and a mere pipe dream is that GAS includes actual hope that I can someday afford it. So while I'd love the Rick, I'll have to be content gassing for the imitation.

upload_2017-7-16_20-1-4.png

8. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    Man that strat is beautiful. Is the neck completely raw or is there some finish on it? I am totally in love with raw rosewood necks.

9. brenn

brenn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 8, 2013
    Kentucky

10. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Jul 6, 2010
    Very Deep South

11. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    A lot of nice guitars to look at here. For years I had wanted a Gibson Flying V and eventually I found one and it was my main guitar for a decade. I play mostly Teles now, but still have a thing for oddly shaped guitars. This is a Shelton Solar Sonic. It has a wide range buckers, a Mastery bridge and trem, and it's in Fiesta red. It's also $2,300. Haha. So I'm building myself two Tele birds to ease the gas. Will they be as nice? Probably not, but it will be built to my specs and I can even throw my Rolling bender on it. p3_uygtynsol_so.jpg p4_upiksdkbd_so.jpg
    Now I"m trying to decide if I should make one a baritone so I can get my spaghetti western on.

12. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Yes! I don't have a baritone, but I love spaghetti western stuff. Uploading some SW improv to my YouTube channel in the next few days.

Jsil13 likes this.

13. zeoy

zeoy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2010
    Athens, Greece
    [​IMG]

This Reverend Pete Anderson PA-1 HB Custom will be mine in a few months as a gift to myself for my 50th birthday:)

14. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Honestly this is a hard question for me because the 4 teles I have are the best instruments I've ever owned and more than meet my needs and satisfy my desires. My cup runneth over...

15. MahoganyStratDZ

Mar 5, 2012
    USA

No it was no different than a rosewood board in that sense, raw one piece engraved. Thanks.

SoulstormTX likes this.

16. MahoganyStratDZ

Mar 5, 2012
    USA
    They are nice the switching neck profile, rim burst etc. I like the new C profile neck, some have Alnico III humbuckers also, which were pretty well recieved.

17. mbell75

mbell75 Tele-Meister

Mar 21, 2014
    california
    Guild S-200 Thunderbird Reissue. Already own a Jazzmaster and Jaguar and this is right up my alley. Will give me another versatile guitar with a ton of available tones, but with humbuckers and the scale length falls right in between the Jag and JM. Finally played one today and just ordered one!

Guild.jpg

18. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Tele-Holic

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
    I want this kind of ugly ass, rock n roll, glam blaster......and I don't know why

[​IMG]

19. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, my GAS attack finally found some relief today ... the pictured Limited Edition Surf Green Solid Rosewood Neck American Standard Tele in my post on page 1 of this thread arrived in the mail from MF as a 20% discounted, no tax, no shipping cost, "open box". For the life of me, I can't find any trace of evidence that it is not factory fresh - all plastic, couldn't even find smudges on the pickguard protective film. Some say this is MF's way of moving product at discount, makes me wonder if they're right. Anyway, after a few quick set-up mods to my liking, it's everything I'd hoped for. The rosewood is a little more raw than I expected, but it is pleasing and makes it quite different from my other guitars - which was the origin of my bloating GAS to start with! Nice to grab a fairly distinctive American Standard as they vanish from the "new guitar" market!

20. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2012
    Here & Now

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.