Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Post a picture of the guitar you are currently saving/gas'ing for...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by intrafear, Jul 2, 2017.

1. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    This is pretty close to the parts tele I'm building. Laid a couple of primer coats today (rattle can, stew mac). The pickguard will probably be white pearl and the neck pickup will either be a strat or an uncovered tele. Reversed control plate, 25" scale musikraft neck.
    Basically Tele bridge tone + mojo, PRS neck, vintage strat neck tone.

Attached Files:

2. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Holic

May 12, 2016
    California
    I... Don't... Have one... Weird. My 5 guitars already feels like too many.

dogmeat and El Tele Lobo like this.

3. Stisch

Stisch TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Silver Cliff, WI
    I had the cash to buy the cheaper Epiphone version, but my ex spent it the day before I got home from the road (I was driving truck at the time). Been wanting one for about 10 years now, but something keeps comming up.

I'll keep trying, I like the extra things that come on the custom trim levels. Every time I see the epiphone I play it, and then any Gibson, and my body keeps telling me to hold out.

One will turn up in my hands when I'm meant to have one I guess.

LPCSLBCH1DISS_1.jpg

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    For the first time in ... forever, I can't actually say I have any new purchases on the horizon. Yes, I'm happy with what I have. :eek::cool:

I have a dozen, which is about as many as I can devote enough time to playing, and finances dictate that I should probably sell something, to buy something else.

That said...

Collings SoCo Deluxe
    Collings or Martin 00 rosewood 12-fret
    Masterbuilt Duo Jet, dynasonics, with a fun retro color scheme (not subtle)

Oh, and a AV Jazzmaster

Probably a good thing I'm happy with what I've already got.

col-socodxiceaf_750_1.jpg

002h-1-lg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

0112200805.png

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    PearlJamNoCode and Obsessed like this.

5. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I have one of these in south paw I love it what a quality instrument, easy to play and wide enough for the little weiner sized fingers I have , plus its synth ready , so you can use it with a guitar synth, and the preamp sounds fantastic

6. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Of course only in lefthanded
    USM-RFDVMB.jpg turmod1_61.jpg

jimash, moosie and Nubs like this.

7. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I think this one is not the synth-ready one, but the one with a piezo in the bridge and a contact mike on the soundboard that you can blend. I think the synth ones have a flat spot where the jack is because they have multiple jacks.

I'm probably not actually going to get one of the burst finish ones, because they're a bit more expensive, but I've got the cash in my hot little hand (well, literally in my wallet), and I think I'm gonna splash out this weekend!

8. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Moosie, that's a good list! I think I'd trade every store-bought guit I own (or have ever owned) for those four.

moosie likes this.

9. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    you will love it, I originally wantes a chet atkins electricnylonstring that gibson made , but none were made lefty , and as soon as I found out godin made lefties I bought one and havent looked back. This one I have is synth ready and has the piezo pick up as well as the 13 pin roland synth layout, but beyond that, as a player guitar for me its beautiful.

10. lousy13

lousy13 Tele-Meister

Feb 25, 2007
    Near Denver

11. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Thanks. A lot. I'm taking back that part about being satisfied with what I have... :D

Seriously, every time I look at the SoCo, like I did while finding that picture... the GAS increases... And the 00, it was a toss-up between that and a D18 last time around, and I went with the dread. Love it, but I really should be owning that 12-fretter (too).

Well, I had good intentions...

Jupiter likes this.

12. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Okay guys, I'm out of this club for the foreseeable future! :D
    Screenshot 2017-10-14 12.12.14.png

Most I've spent on a guitar for a decade or so. I'm pretty set for gear now; other stuff is just GAS. From now I'm saving up for a 25th anniversary trip with Mrs. Jupiter.

24 track likes this.

13. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    EXCELLANT!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'm surprised to find that the Fly is beginning to interest me. Still can't stand the looks, but I get the feeling they play like a perfectly intonated piano. (which would be a nice thing)

24 track likes this.

15. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    My right handed nefew had a blue one and a red one , they wiegh nothing, intonated beautifully , and between the piezo pick up and the buckers what a great sounding instrument.

I have always wanted a Turner as well, always curious how they play

16. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

(among others, but since this a tele forum...)
    [​IMG]

17. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio

18. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.