Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pop ups on mobile site

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by RoyalBaby, Apr 20, 2018.

1. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    Not a life or death issue this but I get almost constant pop ups when using TDPRI on my smart phone. Don't know what they are as I just get the pop up blocked message.
    Just curious to know what is going on ( and it is slightly annoying). Doesn't usually happen with websites unless they are a bit dodgy ( of the NSFW variety - yes, I know this does not say good things about me :( )so it seems to be a site issue rather than an issue with my phone.

2. troy2003

troy2003 Friend of Leo's

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    I get the same thing. Seems to go in streaks too. I’ve been good for a couple of weeks. It is very irritating to say the least.

3. Amerman

Amerman TDPRI Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Underwater
    This started happening to me today .I'm on Android, I had to turn on the blocking function.

4. BCblues55

BCblues55 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Nov 11, 2014
    Virginia
    Happens to me too. Most often, I get something that says I’ve won a $1,000 gift certificate. The URL is something with both Facebook and Apple, so I’m pretty sure it’s a scam. I end up closing the web page and going there again. I don’t know if it happens on the TDPRI app, but it sure did when I was looking at the forum on my phone’s browser. Annoying!

5. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    It is common on all the related Talk forums, Tele, Strat, Gretsch, etc. I got tired of it and loaded the free privacy browser, Ghostery. It can be a bit of a pain sometimes but I only use it for those problem Talk sites

6. smartsoul72

smartsoul72 Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2017
    pennsylvania
    I' ve been getting slammed with them recently on TDPRI. It's horrible. Is there a function to turn them off? I have an Android smart phone

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.