Pontiac fact check. (trivial)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BobbyZ, Jan 7, 2019.

1. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Speaking of the Pinto...

Remember the Pontiac Fiero that was also a frequent fire trap?

Lol my best friends mom ( same guy who had the Nova) her fiero burnt in their driveway.

BobbyZ and Zepfan like this.
  2. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Tele-Afflicted

I haven't researched it, but my gut feeling is that the statement refers to the full-size model, or perhaps only to the model in question.

In the old days, when people said something like "1955 Pontiac," it was understood that they were talking about the full-size models. E.g. you said, "1963 Chevy," and everyone knew you meant the Impala, Bel Air, or Biscayne body style, without the need to specify this. Many people still use this terminology today.

3. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

That last version Fiero looked great, similar to the Nissan 300Z. They had a lot of problems. Seems that GM just can't make cars unless the motor is in the front. Remember the Corvair and all the mid-engine Corvette tryouts?

4. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

My brother had a 1955 Chevy 4 door with a straight six and my neighbor had a 1963 Impala with a straight six. It wasn't uncommon to find some full size cars with that straight six or the Mopar cars with the slant six. I've even seen them in station wagons.

They did start to fade in the late 60's, but came back in mid 70's because they were scrambling to get under the emissions regulations.

5. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

I’ve owned 2 Pontiacs in my life, a ‘66 GTO with a 389 and “three-on-the-tree,” and a 2006 GTO with the 6 liter and 6 speed manual transmission, which I bought new.

The ‘66 was kind of a beater, and I drove in when I was in high school. I often wondered what it must have been like when it was new, and I dreamed about how nice it must have been.

The 2006 was a wonderful car. I had actually wanted a GTCS Mustang, but the Ford dealer wouldn’t budge on the price. I got the GTO for thousands less, and it had more power, a better transmission, and it was much less common than a Mustang.

I sold it when I moved to Japan, but thinking back, I should have brought it with me.

6. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

This says it all

BobbyZ likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.