Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pointless complaining about a thing I can't change...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Apr 16, 2018.

1. cattzap

cattzap Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2018
    Carlos, Tx
    Opposite for me today. Been shopping for new tires for the truck. All I've chosen have been a need to order selection. Finally stopped in to order them this morning and it turned out what I chose were in stock. I could have got them Saturday.

Jakedog likes this.

2. cattzap

cattzap Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2018
    Carlos, Tx

That is a really purty Tele. I dig the classic style. I bet she talks good to you.

8barlouie and Jakedog like this.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    -Shipping Delay Notification-

Mr. Jakedog, your shipment was due into Columbus Ohio on 4-16-18. Unfortunately it was mistakenly shipped to Columbus Nebraska. Your package will be redirected and should arrive safely in Cleveland, Mississippi early next week.

Thank you for your patience and will be including two extra tootsie rolls in your next order.

Sincerely,

Ron, your sales and shipping professional

4. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Too bad @Jakedog is in Columbus, Georgia. Wait - is that right?

Jakedog and william tele like this.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    This this is how they still deliver up here. I hope it is not a guitar Jakedog. IMG_2971.JPG

6. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Sep 2, 2016
    Houston, TX
    That seems the most likely case.

Obsessed likes this.

7. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    You’re correct, complaining IS pointless. ;)

telemnemonics and Jakedog like this.

8. unixfish

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Really? Then why not just shut down the Bad Dog Cafe! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

telemnemonics, nojazzhere and Jakedog like this.

9. unixfish

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    I kid, I kid. More letting off steam than complaining.

I get @Jakedog 's point though. We lose out on a lot of stuff in the CLE. Major acts just don't come here anymore. We asked the curator of the Rock Hall about that, and he told us the it is so close to Buffalo / Pittsburgh / Columbus / Detroit, and the facility fees at the Q (Quicken Arena) are really high. Again, we shoot ourselves in the foot with fees.

Jakedog likes this.

10. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 3, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Yes it is amazing how much big acts skip Cleveland. We're supposed to be some sort of great rock and roll city. But, I drive to Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Columbus a lot to catch a show I want to see. In fact I have tickets right now for shows in Pittsburgh, Columbus and Toronto (which is a little extreme, but not completely out of the ordinary).

BTW, UPS does fly into Cleveland. The planes park on the west end of the airport next to NASA and you can see them from Brookpark Rd. every day. I assume they truck the stuff down to their Engle Rd. facility to load onto the brown vans.

Jakedog likes this.

11. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Cleveland! We're not Detroit!

nojazzhere and Jakedog like this.

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Hmmm, NASA can put some heavy payloads into orbit. Just sayin':lol:

Jakedog and Paul in Colorado like this.

13. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    I like to complain about the weather...

I don't like the weather lately.

Jakedog likes this.

14. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Meister

Nov 14, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Yeah -- shipping time depends on where the handling facilities are at least as much as pure distance. Also, when something shows up at a facility can be critical, as they shift units to particular destinations at particular time(s) each day -- not continuously. And more and more, you can forget about Fri. afternoon and Mon. AM. Some merchants have even taken to sending notice that something has been shipped when all they've done is generate a shipping label... the merchandise hasn't gone anywhere.

Jakedog and Paul in Colorado like this.

15. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I recently got a pedal from Hong Kong faster then the major catalog stores have ever shipped to me, We're in the middle of the country but it still takes at least three days from anywhere. I guess the answer is to be patient and be happy if it's not broken when it arrives.

Jakedog and Obsessed like this.

16. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Be thankful.....really thankfull,.. no make it really, really thankfull it did not come UPS.

telemnemonics and Jakedog like this.

17. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Ship for sure? Do you read me anymore? This line is bad, and f a d i n g

Jakedog likes this.

18. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    Well, they do and they don't. I find most of the people who complain about big acts skipping mean that the ones they particularly want to see haven't come in a while. We get a lot of major shows.

Our family didn't get to hardly any of the shows we wanted to see last year but still somehow managed to see Petty, U2, Dead and Co, and the Matchbox 20/Counting Crows bill.

We also have a lot of good smaller venues where you can see great shows for cheap. I saw Marty Stuart last year. And caught the sold out L7 show last night.

Really, if I had the time and the money it wouldn't be hard to stay busy most of the time here seeing killer live music.

We do miss a lot of the humongous arena tours. Stones, etc. but I can't say we have a shortage of great shows and venues.

edit- I just looked and we also had Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Norah Jones, Billy Joel, Chris Stapleton, and a bunch more. That's not even counting the small to midsize venues that had everybody from Trey Anastasio to some legendary jazz artists.

A lot of towns would kill to have the music we have here. And the local scene is slamming.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    P Thought likes this.

19. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    At one point, I heard a rumor that Cleveland Rocks! No?

I shouldn't say this out loud, but I've had REALLY good experiences with shipping from Sweetwater and Guitar Center. One's in Indiana, one ships from Kansas, and I generally get stuff in two days. Unless I'm buying used from Guitar Center, in which case it just depends on what store it's coming from. I haven't ordered a lot of stuff from Sweetwater, so limited sample size, but it's gotten here pretty fast. And as someone else mentioned, B&H Photo was always overnight back when I was into buying photo gear...

-Ray

Jakedog likes this.

20. El Famoso

El Famoso Tele-Meister

Sep 16, 2016
    Nashville
    Not for nothing! That makes me miss all you New Jersey folks.

Jakedog and soulgeezer like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.