Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pointless complaining about a thing I can't change...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    Today it's shipping time.

I know Sweetwater has a rep for shipping super fast. I know people literally all over the country that get their crap in two days. Many the next day.

That has never happened to me. Not once. I'm three hours away from them. Three hours. Why does it always take 3-5 days to get my stuff?

I think next time I'll just go there, pick it up in person, and pay the tax.

I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff, and really it's not a huge deal. I just don't understand it. They're THREE HOURS away.

Ok. I'm done now.

2. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    Dude...welcome to the first world.

Here’s your Starbucks.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Silly boy, they are shipping in the opposite direction, that why it can take five days. That's pretty quick considering they are having to ship it all the way around the world to get it to your house!

4. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Would you like a piece of hard candy to chew on until your shipment arrives? :cool:

Torren61, nojazzhere and Jakedog like this.

5. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    Sounds crazy, but probably not far from the truth.

Piggy Stu and Jakedog like this.

6. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Have you asked them?

dsutton24 and Jakedog like this.

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    I don't know how it works in your state, but in NJ, if you buy something from out of state - even online - and you aren't charged sales tax, you're supposed to report that on your state income tax form and pay the tax when you file your taxes. At that point, it's called a "use tax."

"...supposed to..." being the operative phrase there, obviously! (And, yes, people have been caught failing to report and it did not end well for them!)

Jakedog likes this.

8. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Also, not for nothing, but I live about 40 minutes from American Musical and their Web site even says, "Most orders to NJ delivered overnight!"

Well, guess what?

It never takes less than three days, usually a week. In fact, if I were to order from MF on the same day, I'd most likely get that order first!

Yeah, there's no accounting this stuff at all...

Jakedog likes this.

9. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Never been impressed with Sweetwater shipping. For some reason, when I order something that should be shipped that day, nothing happens until my salesdroid calls me at the end of the day to try and up sell me on something else or pick my brain about my "needs". The call always ends with "well, I don't know if we can get this on the truck today, but I'll try my best". It never gets on the truck that day and if it's a Friday, it will sit until Monday evening. Don't have this issue anywhere else. I try not to use Sweetwater if it can be avoided.

Jakedog, waparker4 and nojazzhere like this.

10. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    If they ship via UPS, I'm thinking it probably first goes to the UPS airport hub in Louisville, Kentucky.:lol:

11. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Some AMS stuff ships from New Jersey, sone ships from Arizona (i think). I live on Long Island and AMS is my prefered online dealer.

Jakedog likes this.

12. djh22

djh22 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    Whoa, let's not drag the bean counters into this (said the bean counter) o_O

13. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    Also, they may not have the item in stock and need to drop ship it from the manufacturer.

Paul in Colorado likes this.

14. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I think I may have spotted the problem this guy was seen leaving Sweetwater with your package early this morning.

[​IMG]

15. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Yeah, they've updated their delivery map:

[​IMG]

I guess that means that people in three separate regions of the country can now be disappointed that their items are taking longer than expected to arrive!

(I have NEVER received an item in one day from AMS, though B&H Photo somehow manages to accomplish this every time I order from them. Weird, no?)

Jakedog likes this.

16. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I sometimes get next day.

I believe it depends on what you order. Some stuff they don't warehouse and they may drop ship from a 3rd party.
    I think I got pickups or cap from them once that took a couple days.

Bones and Jakedog like this.

17. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    If we couldn't complain about things we can't change, online discussion sites (like TDPRI) would be out of business. ;)

8barlouie, Tele1966, Jakedog and 2 others like this.

18. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    I live about 30 minutes from MF. they never get stuff to me the same day ? It's always here the next though :)

william tele and Jakedog like this.

19. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I'm about 90 minutes from Sweetwater so I just make the drive. This was me Friday after getting back home from there with my new Tele.

[​IMG]

20. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Because we are in the Cleveland area. We are no longer a hub for any airline.

Other major cities have hubs, so planes can be loaded and landed. A pilot neighbor told me CLE has one of the highest rates to use the airport (planes pay a landing fee I think), so many places avoid CLE. Your larger stuff is probably being shipped to Columbus, then trucked to Berea or North Royalton or wherever the UPS hub is (too lazy to look it up), scanned, staged, then scheduled for a truck the next day. This probably adds a day or two to each shipment.

$0.02 and all that, but the shipping companies are avoiding fees, and CLE's fees are high, so we get nuttin'.

nojazzhere and Jakedog like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.