Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Poast Your Gigging DIY Petal Boards!!1!!111!

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by noah330, Apr 17, 2018.

1. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    OK, so this thread is to poast petal boards that people have made and also play actual gigs with. There are other board threads but many of them are focused on purchased boards and/or huge impractical for the gigging player's needs.

In addition to poasting a photo of the board also put the case and explain how you made it. This thread will hopefully be a good resource for other DIYers.

Here is one I made this morning. I got hired to do some shows with a fairly popular modern rock act (I think that's what you would call them) and so my setup needed to be simple, but reliable.

The board is a piece of 1/2" plywood that I had lying around. It was already stained and poly'd so I added the aluminum edging (Home Depot $10), a few rubber feet on the bottom (HD $3) and the handles (HD $6).

The cable is Mogami mini, which I really like and I tied down the cables using some cable tie locks available at Lowes or HD for a couple bucks.

The best thing that I encourage everyone to get is the rechargeable power supply. These are cheap (about $100) and eliminate another run of power cables to your board. Also, they're DC, so there's no ground loops. I have a white and a black and I alternate them every show. They last about 6 - 8 hours on a charge.

The case I actually bought at Harbor Freight for $30. I used spray adhesive to glue the (included) foam to the top. It's a really, really nice case and I was surprised to find it.

I use glow in the dark tape on my petals in case it's really dark on stage. A roll is maybe $5 at Wal-Mart, Target, HD, Lowes, etc....

Hopefully this gives some folks some ideas. Let's see yours!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tone Eee and warrent like this.

2. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Mar 11, 2009
    Sand Land

3. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    How did you make it?

4. Zzzen Dog

Zzzen Dog TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Glendale, CA
    Using the power brick is an interesting alternative for a smaller board with low amperage requirements. I like it.

5. aerhed

aerhed Tele-Afflicted

Dec 24, 2016
    Boulder, WY

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.