Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Plotting the Iraqi-Caster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by TRexF16, Aug 28, 2017.

1. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    So here's the latest pics of Uno's crack :lol:
    Though it is now easy to see it is also now fully stabilized (I hope) so I guess that was the right thing to do.

IMG_6894.JPG
    IMG_6895.JPG
    IMG_6896.JPG
    The good news is Uno has some movin' gooey going on too, it just flows the opposite diagonal direction as Dos. Otherwise they're pretty much peas in a pod. Not surprising since they came from the same board.
    IMG_6898.JPG
    IMG_6899.JPG

That'll likely be it for updates to this project for a while folks. I'll probably sand down and get another coat of SS on both of them tomorrow, then hang 'em up until I get back from the sandbox.

Cheers all,
    Rex

MM73, nickhofen, CFFF and 4 others like this.

2. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    Thanks for your service in the sandbox!!!

crazydave911 likes this.

3. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Well Rex,
    We are all interested in what new and novel woods you’ll be “finding” this time. Watch your 6 and keep us posted.
    Rob

4. Sam VanLaningham

Sam VanLaningham TDPRI Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Bend Oregon
    Love that neck and enjoyed perusing your project. Nice work!

Sam

5. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Thanks for all of the updates on the project Rex. Looking forward to you coming back for more guitar building.

6. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Five days and a wake-up(!) and I'll be back home again. Weather here has been crap the last couple days. Sandstorms cutting visibility way down - no flying. And the heat is on the way back too.
    There will be "honey-do's" galore when I get home but I am really looking forward to getting back to work on the Baladcasters too. At least the bodies should be fully dried and ready for wet sanding - but still a ways to go on the necks...

Cheers all.
    Rex

7. Barncaster

Hi Rex!
    So the P&W F100 turbofan doesn’t like sand? Seems a chronic condition over there. Will be good to see you in the shop again.
    Rob

8. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    Hope you have a good flight home, and don't have to spend too much time cooling your heels in Ali Al-Saleem on the way out.

9. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Thanks, it's going to be an all-day job to get out of Baghdad, then a 9-hour layover in Doha, but smooth sailing home after that (knock on wood).
    I'm looking forward to a "cool one" soon.
    Take care friends and thanks for the good wishes.

jannodude and Zepfan like this.

10. Barncaster

Do they have a bar cart on the transport Rex?

11. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Oh yeah - Qatar Airways.

Barncaster likes this.

12. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

My wife's in Doha as we speak! A quick transit on the way back from UK, yes on Qatar airways. I had to Google where it was!

13. BluesBlooded

BluesBlooded Friend of Leo's

Just read through this entire build. Impeccable work you've done Rex. Love them both.

Have a safe flight home!

14. Colors

Colors Tele-Meister

May 12, 2016
    Nebraska
    I'm late to the party. Cool builds, great looking necks, crack and all. Look forward to seeing them finished. God's Speed.

15. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Looks like you’ve been building guitars for years. I don’t have the wood working skill or talent to craft such awesome looking guitars. Hat’s off to you bud!

16. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Thanks for the kind words friends. I am sitting in Dallas awaiting the final leg of my journey back to Tucson, and I'll be back in the shop tomorrow! I'm going to take the rest of the week off so I should have time to get some guitar work done in between Honey Do's.
    Cheers,
    Rex

2blue2 and BluesBlooded like this.

17. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    P.S. I was listening to some Johnny Winter on the long flight from Doha and just imagining how good Rob's Firebird pickups are going to sound on Dos. I also think I am really going to like that Wilkinson Tremolo. I have used their Strat-styled Trems on two guitars and I think this one is going to be even nicer.

Zepfan and Barncaster like this.

18. Barncaster

Welcome home Rex.

Zepfan likes this.

19. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS

20. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    Do they like Shiner in Tucson? If so - I'll suggest that you might want to spin up Blackberry Smoke's "Good one Comin On" and play that when ya get the new build done - 'cause it does indeed sound like you've got a good one comin' on!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.