Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Please help me fix my Big Muff Pi

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by tacomamc, Aug 24, 2013.

1. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

This is a cross post from DIY Stompboxes... I started that one too.

I bought this Black Russian Big muff last year and absolutely love it but I need some cash for something and it has to go for now. I have a buyer, and the pedal has worked fine for me until the day before I got the offer from a buyer. The problem is the the Volume stopped doing anything. When I opened it I found a wire was breaking loose from its solder and then it with two others came off completely. Here's the rub: I cannot find where they were attached, and this pedal has been wired for true bypass, and has an added knob to reduce the power from the batter (or wall wort), and has been wired with an external jack. The wires that came loose are the red one from the PCB, and both the black and red ones from the batter clip. If I have to wire it just for the battery, that's fine, but I'd prefer to have it work like it did. Any help you can give is much appreciated, as I will not have access to my tools beyond Monday. Thanks!

2. Relayer110

Relayer110 TDPRI Member

3. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Thank you very much!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.