Please help me find sold tele - reward $$

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Joejitsu, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

0B9AB314-60E2-4857-AFAD-F028ECF5B4B5.jpeg Read for potential reward money.

Okay, when I was young and dumb I did something really stupid. In september of 2006 I posted an Orlando branded telecaster copy for sale. Reviewing the search history here shows I said in a post that month that I sold it on this forum. I’m not sure if it was actually sold on here or a Craigslist add or somewhere else. It wasn’t a great guitar. Plywood body, worn frets, crappy pickups etc.

So if it sucked why do I need to track it down? This guitar was given to me by my grandmother before she passed away. Around the year 2000 or so. It had belonged to my grandfather (died when I was 7). I wasn’t in the right frame of mind when I sold it. I just didn’t understand. It has haunted me for the past 7 or 8 years. I know we all have ones that we let go and wish we hadn’t, but this one had a sentimental connection I didn’t get until I have aged. After going through some things in life, I decided I want to make an attempt to track it down.

I don’t know who I sold it to in 9/06. I have scoured my email and don’t have any email about the transaction. I may have been using my college email at the time which is no longer in service.

I bought the same exact model a few years ago from someone else thinking it would fill the void but it didn’t and I sold it last year on reverb. I need my grandpas guitar.

If any of you can do some online searching and I am able to get into contact with whoever now owns the guitar I am willing to PayPal you $100 for your help, easy money. Please guys if you know anything this is really important to me.

-I only used the name joejitsu or joejitsumd
    -my email address was/is \:
    Joejitsumd@yahoo.com
    - Guitar was sold (according to a post on the Seymour Duncan forum) the first week of September in 2006. Pic included of the guitar

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Good luck.....hope you find it.

Slowisfast and El Tele Lobo like this.
  3. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

CBC1C29C-CB61-49D0-A7CC-F11FA244F2B4.png Possible clue? Someone on here made a post in October of 2006 saying they just bought an Orlando tele. It was the only post they ever made. I sent a PM but since their only post was 12 years ago I don’t they will check the account. Anyway to find them to see if it’s the right person?

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Hope you find it!

5. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Holic

I feel your pain, good luck!

6. RedHills

RedHills Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Well good luck. It's no consolation to you I'm sure, but your efforts show and say a lot.

What were you told is hidden under the bridge plate ? ........just kidn

7. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I wish you luck, but will you know if it is the exact one?

8. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

Thanks for all of the support guys. I really hope I can track it down. As far as knowing if it is THE one I sold, it came with an original case that I could identify by some preexisting numbers someone put on the case.

Any chance admins have the contact info for the poster “dontbesojumpy”? I’m thinking he may be the one that bought it given he made his post the month after I sold mine.

**correction - I kept the case and ended up selling it last year with the "replacement" orlando tele I had bought a few years ago. I still have a pic of the original tele and there are a few wear marks that I would be able to match to my picture. I'm going to work on getting the case back.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

10. oceanblue

oceanblue Tele-Meister

Wow that's tough, best of luck finding it!

11. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Let us know when you find it .

12. djh22

djh22 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Wishing you luck and good fortune

13. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

Send a note to mods to see if they can extract an email

Crobbins and El Tele Lobo like this.
  14. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Hope you find it!

15. GEECEE

GEECEE TDPRI Member

Hope you track it down.

16. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

I was able to contact user dontbesojumpy but unfortunately it looks like it wasn’t him as his guitar has arosewood fretboard and is missing some of the wear I mentioned above. I’m still waiting to hear back from harmony central to see if I can get into my old account.

blille likes this.
  17. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

Update #3

I found the name of the buyer! I was able to contact paypal and using the amount received and date I found who bought it and the address I sent it to (A university music department). I have emailed him. If he doesn't respond today I will post the name/address and my offer still stands of $100 reward for whoever can get me into contact with the guitar's current owner!

18. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Since you have the name if they don't respond to the e-mail, I would contact the university and department in question, if the buyer was faculty/staff some one may remember them, and know their current whereabouts if (more likely in my mind) a student, you may need to contact the alumni office..

awasson and tery like this.
  19. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

I am the current owner.

Some of you may remember me. I am a long time member, once a VERY frequent poster back from the Ol' Fuzzy days to around the time the board expanded and Get Bent came on as a moderator.

I have been inactive on here for a while (though still active in music). A bunch of life got in the way. Health issues, financial woes, got married. I don't feel all that comfortable saying it all out-loud. Also, the board grew so big that I felt lost in it.

I bought this incredibly funky low-fi machine on here back in the day with the intention of having Rob DiStefano work it up. Hard times hit. Rob retired (I think). I sold a lot of gear to pay bills, etc. & co. but I am almost 100% sure that I held on to this guitar b/c of the cool factor. It has a big chunky neck and a tele body that is thin like a musicmaster and the weird gypsin toggle switch. The frets are worn and the front p/up never worked but it is a guitar that is super fun to noodle on and sits nice in your lap like a strat. Twang for miles.

So, short version of the story is that I ended up exiled, sort of, and am now 7000 miles from where I believe the guitar to be (in storage with a bunch of my stuff in the US). But on my next trip back I will look for the guitar. *if* I still have it, it will go back to Joe. I cannot promise when, and I can't promise that I actually still have the guitar and that it survived storage in good shape but if it is there, as I remember it, it is Joe's to claim. But this will take time and patients.

I am so hesitant to even post this b/c there remains the chance that the guitar is damaged or is gone (it was not intended to be stored so long where it is but like I said, a whole bunch of life got in the way) but some of you all might be curious as to how this shook out. I am sympathetic.

I miss this board. It was a tremendous help to me back in the day. Learned a lot. Made a lot of nice friends. Perhaps some we glad to see me go. ha!

Twang on.

20. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

excellent; good on ya', fella

now the wait.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.