Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Please help after an hour im just so frustrated

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by jdolecek70, Jun 17, 2017.

1. jdolecek70

jdolecek70 TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2017
    florida
    I have amplitube installed, I can get sound out of my guitar but it is a clean sound and when i change amp models its still the same clean sound....how in the world do i get a amp model to work in this thing?

2. JCW308

JCW308 Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2016
    Telford, PA USA

3. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Make sure the signal from your audio interface is actually going *through* Amplitube, and you aren't just amplifying your direct clean signal to your monitors. How are you monitoring the output from Amplitube?
    I'd definitely recommend going step by step through the tutorial to get started.

4. jdolecek70

jdolecek70 TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2017
    florida
    My guitar cable is plugged into the guitar input of my interface, my monitors are plugged into the output on the back of my interface...How do I make sure my signal is going from my interface directly into amplitube?

5. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    There are a lot of things that can mess you up on a first time setup of a amp sim... happens to a lot of people.
    The simple answer is you need to go into the Amplitube settings and set your input source to your audio interface, and the output device to be your audio interface output channel. Then depending on your interface, you may have to set the levels up to hear only the Amplitube output channel.

6. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    If your using asio4all, make sure to open the asio4all settings panel and click on the wrench icon, then to the left you'll be able to set inputs/outputs. Took me a while to figure that one out.

privatesalt and RLee77 like this.

7. privatesalt

privatesalt Tele-Meister

Jan 31, 2014
    Alabama
    Hopefully your audio interface has good ASIO drivers. If not, as mentioned above, try asio4all drivers (a free download).
    In your audio interface driver (or asio4all), set the buffer setting low as possible (without getting crackling). Otherwise the latency may be too long, and you will get a delay from the time you pick the string to the time you hear it.

Also good info here how to optimize your PC (if using Windows)...
    https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/pc-optimization-guide-for-windows-7/

If hearing clean all the time... turn off direct monitoring on your audio interface, otherwise you will hear clean along with the signal routed thru the amp sim.

Be sure to check input levels so you're not clipping the signal. It will make the amp sim sound bad. I would check with a clean amp setting first. If using high gain amp, you may not know your clipping. Also if signal is not high enough the amp sim will not sound as good. Signal must be just the right level to get best from an amp sim.

RLee77 and Staypuft1652 like this.

8. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    I don't use any software simulators such as Amplitude, but I have watched a Video about how it's all set up. Try watching this, the guy explains the whole process pretty well. Good Luck!

Staypuft1652 likes this.

9. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    I feel your pain. I had that problem with Garageband and AmpFarm. It would take a half hour to get a sound to work. I'd get it all ironed out (I thought). Then come back the next day, and none of it worked and I had to try something different. (Sometimes restarting my laptop, sometimes changing different settings, etc.)

I finally gave up and bought an amp.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.