Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Planning on building an esquire style tele

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by telemaster7082, Dec 19, 2012.

1. telemaster7082

telemaster7082 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 10, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    I want to build an Esquire "style" tele, not being a purist. I just like the idea of having one pickup and keeping that portion somewhat simple. What bridge pickup would you guys recommend if i wanted something that was 1) versatile and 2) would give me options of using the switch for different voicings.
    I play rock/blues and am starting an alt/country band. I dont play super high gain. I have some tone shaping pedals and play through a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 and vox night train, so tube amps only.
    I am kind of partial to Seymour Duncan, i have had very good luck with them and even swapped out a set of lollars for a set of alnico 2 pros, and love em.
    As for switching options, im thinking a 3 position switch with tone/q filter control, so :
    1) cocked wah
    2) regular wiring through tone control
    3) regular wiring through q filter.

2. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

Mar 4, 2010
    Shrewsbury, MA
    If you want something versatile and you're already a fan of the SD Alnico Pro II, the SD Jerry Donahue may be just what the doctor ordered.

Send me a PM if you want a good deal on a used one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.