Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Places you know you'll dislike but have a weird urge to visit?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Jan 11, 2019.

1. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Here
    The USA, but I probably won't be allowed in.

P.S I just wanted to VISIT. Let me make that clear ;)

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

not since your whole 'bison' adventure.

3. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    That whole Middle East/North Africa area (Particularly Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Syria) area seems like it would be really cool to enjoy the history and food, music, architecture. But yeah, seems like an outhouse otherwise. An outhouse with one-ply toilet paper that actively hates you. :D

4. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Here
    My bison adventure? What would that be?

5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    I'm joking. It's the ol' Michigan looking down on Ohio bag.

Cleveland is very cool, I have a weird love for Akron, and southern Ohio is tremendous - Hocking Hills, all that.

The rest ?

Ehhhh - no.

There's a reason you see loads of Ohio plates in Mich in the summer but the tourist traffic don't go the other way...

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

My in-laws holidayed in Morocco two years ago. They enjoyed it and never mentioned being hated or any outhouses.

JuneauMike likes this.
  7. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    Oh, well there you go. Nevermind, it's safe now everybody. ;)

telestratosonic and nojazzhere like this.
  8. BigDaddyLH

9. WireLine

WireLine Tele-Afflicted

Mar 23, 2003
    Midland TX
    Above the Arctic circle...I despise cold - passionately- but want to see whales on one of those “freeze yer buns off” cruises

10. Recce

Recce Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
  11. getbent

well, yeah, but that is just what they said.. maybe they spent so much they were embarrassed to 'tell all'

ha ha...

12. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    My uncle lived in Morocco for years while he built secret military stuff (only secret from US citizens, everyone else in the world knew about it :)). He built the road from Kabul to Kandahar back in the 60s. He loved both Morocco and Afghanistan.

So yes I would love to visit those places just to compare them to his memories, but I might not like them. But then I might like them just fine. Actually I would love for him to accompany me to those places! He’s 90 years old though so maybe I better hurry !

JuneauMike likes this.
  13. getbent

14. BigDaddyLH

15. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Here
  16. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    They are in the neighborhood so I have visited all these places a few times.
    The only currently really unsafe country from this group is Syria .
    Before the war the country was amazing and Damascus one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
    Israel is beautiful,very interesting and a must for culture buffs,Maroco is wonderful, Tunisia nothing to write home about and Egypt fantastic, especially Alexandria and the Nile.

The best FOOD in the world ,in all these countries,is a huge plus of course.

Never felt any "hate" in any of these countries, people were always friendly,warm and helpful, especially if you didn't act like a jerk and showed basic decency and respect .

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  17. getbent

no, you aren't the bison! we aren't gonna shoot you man (well unless you are wearing a vest, don't wear a vest) get your passport and come on over pard!

GuitarKid likes this.
  18. getbent

exactly! just joshin' I say just a joke, son! (in a foghorn leghorn voice)

19. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Let me just add, that the last time I was there, the food in Greece was pretty darned good !

GuitarKid likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.