Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pink Paisley Paper

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rafael.braga, Jan 2, 2009.

1. rafael.braga

rafael.braga TDPRI Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Brazil
    Hello guys!

I'm really new at this forum, and a new addicted fan to the Fender Pink Paisley. I spent this whole week reading threads about the "pink paisley" and didn't found what I was looking for. Wel... I'm brazilian, and unfortunatly, for us the pink paisley is something almost impossible to get... With all the import taxes, and the high dollar quotation for us, this guitar becomes very, very, very expensive!!! :D

So i decided to talk with my luthier, and we are now on our way to build our own Pink Paisley! Wowwww! Real nice... But we haven't started the project since we have a major problem to solve before starting it... The Pink Paisley Paper my friends... I have seen lots of discussion about what kind of paper, what tone of colors, etc. But my question is...

Is it possible for someone to scan with the best resolution as possible your own Pink Paisley and post the "big" image here?

This way, I think I can user Coreldraw, or any other design software and copy the patterns to a digital desing... This way, all of us would create your own taste of Paisley. I mean: You'd be able to apply the colors you like, use the paper you want, etc, etc, etc.

I have been tryin' to develop it by myself, but I confess it's not easy!

Actually, at my country band, our harmonica player works with everything related to printing, and he can help on the decision of what paper should be good to use or not, but first of all, I need your help posting good scans of paisleis guitars! Good idea? :confused: I really don't know...

Anyway, hope you can help us, 'cause after I have this design finished, I'll share it with you all!

Thanks in advance,
    Rafael

2. varakeef

varakeef Tele-Afflicted

Sep 7, 2007
    Finland

3. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

Sep 23, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I'm not sure about the paisley thing but I love the cow print pickguard in your avatar. Where did you get that?

4. rafael.braga

Dec 30, 2008
    Brazil
    Sounds good for me! If everybody helps, maybe we come up with a real good Pailsey Paper! I just need a good (high resolution) scan of a Pink Paisley to have it vectorized in Coreldraw, then I can start searching for an adequate paper to print the design on!

Hey! Nice you liked my "telecow" . It's a originally a Squire Standard Telecaster Black and Chrome (Special Edition) with a chrome pickguard, so i bought a white pickguard, made the "cow" in Coreldraw, printed it on a black vinilic paper and sticked this adhesive to my white pickguard

I still have one extra adhesive in case I need to replace this one for some reason!

Attached Files:

5. rafael.braga

Dec 30, 2008
    Brazil

Varakeef, do you still have the 1:1 scale scan of the back of that 68 paisley you got from a member in 2007? If you do, is there any possibilities for us to have it digitalized?!

Thanks buddy,
    Rafa

6. his dudeness

his dudeness Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    seems like the have a useable pattern available in that thread (unless its not high res enough) if you have the paper, the time, patience, and know what kind of under/overcoating you need to do, as well as the shade of pink you're going to use.

7. varakeef

varakeef Tele-Afflicted

Sep 7, 2007
    Finland
    I still have it, but I'm not sure if I coud get it scanned properly. But it's in my long term plan to try. Maybe a copy shop could do that, but when the guitar in scanned, then printed and then scanned again there may be issues.

This one is quite high res indeed:
    http://www.backwaterpartymusic.com/ buttercaster/pinkpaisleyscans/bigback.jpg

I think it can be reproducted from there.

8. rafael.braga

Dec 30, 2008
    Brazil

Okay!!! Thanks for your support buddies!!! I'm right now working on the bigback.jpg file. Maybe in a couple of weeks, or sooner I'll have it finished waiting for your approval. I'll keep posting the progress here!!! Good luck for us!!!

See ya!

9. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Just so you all know...

it took me a while to realize it, but there is a definite, real, and easily seen (once you know what to look for) difference between the patterns on the '68-'69s and the '84-'86 and subsequent reissues.

Everything on the newer ones can be found on the older. But the older ones have some things that just aren't there on the new ones.

Confusing I know...

I have a 1:1 (or pretty close) scan of an original that I will have to share with some of you some day. :)

"Bigback" is from my '84.

Cheers

Steve Dikkers
    aka Buckocaster51

10. adamjs69

adamjs69 Tele-Holic

May 2, 2008
    Charleston, WV

Telecowster

11. glowrocks

glowrocks TDPRI Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Lindsborg

12. glowrocks

glowrocks TDPRI Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Lindsborg
    Here's something I came across that may help reconstruct this design:

[​IMG]

13. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

Dec 10, 2007
    New Florence, PA
    +1

:eek:

14. tele_jas

tele_jas Tele-Afflicted

Feb 20, 2006
    Springfield/Mt.Vernon, MO

15. rafael.braga

Dec 30, 2008
    Brazil
    This is a very fast draft about what I mean we can do using Coreldraw. Hope you like it!
    My corel skills are very limited, but don't worry! This one i did alone, but the bes result will come... A friend of mine, expert on Corel is helping me on this task! Be patiente and sooner I'll post more updates!

See ya!

Attached Files:

16. shuie

shuie Tele-Meister

Oct 21, 2006
    Down Highway 61
    somewhat related question.....

Is the blue floral paper any easier to get?

17. JohnnyAtomic

JohnnyAtomic Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2003
    Little Rock, AR
    I've never seen one with that writing before, what year did fender do the ones w/ the writing :D:D:D

18. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    I was just at the house of a friend who has an original 68 paisley bass. I have a 1985 MIJ paisley Tele, and my friend has a new CIJ paisley Tele. We put all 3 of them together to compare and they are all different. Of course, the original is more red than pink, but overall, the paper itself on the MIJ models is more like the original than the CIJ is. The most noticeable thing is that the green color in the CIJ pattern is way off. Not even close. The MIJ is quite close.

19. Tremolux

Tremolux Tele-Meister

Mar 29, 2003
    Chicago
    Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain!

Sadly, ac15, I think all those paisleys in one place left you a little blinded.

(forgive me, folks, I'm one of the participants in the three-guitar paisley-power freak-out mentioned in ac15's post above).

I recall that compared to the original '68 paisley bass, your MIJ tele had almost no texture, or bumps, in the silver portion of the paper. Your MIJ silver looked like the smoothest possible wrapping paper or aluminum foil.

My CIJ tele had some texture in the silver portion, but not as much as the original paisley bass. Upon close examination, the paisley patterns on the original bass looks almost like fabric beneath the clear finish, instead of paper.

However, you are correct about the green flowers. My CIJ has very colorful green flowers, far more vivid than either your MIJ or the original. Clearly, a huge difference.

And also too, for the record, my CIJ is not the very newest version (the version available currently) but from the run of about five years or so ago.

Pics would be super-helpful, and I took some, but I don't know if I can post pics on this forum yet.

20. varakeef

varakeef Tele-Afflicted

Sep 7, 2007
    Finland
    Hmmm... could you please point out a few examples of what to look for in old ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjoi_0YhGA

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.