Hi you guys! Been lurking hardcore for a few months and soaking it all in. Started a build a month ago and wanted to wait till I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be a disaster. The idea is a cross between a pinecaster and Ronnie Wood's black Zemaitis. Started w 1x8 kiln dried boards from Home Despot as I could find flat, in cupped boards. Also my tools are pretty limited, a circular saw, drill, jigsaw, clamps. Glued the two top pieces and the two bottom pieces to each other, traced the design on the top and cut it out with the jigsaw. Used the drill for the round section of the routes, then cut the rest out with the jigsaw. Glued the top to the bottom together with my state of the art, truck tie, clamps, and vice grips rig, then used a forstner bit to get them to depth. Cut out the body with the jigsaw and used my orbital sander to square it off as best as possible and put a small round over on the top and bottom. Once I had the body sanded down I used wood conditioner and stained it w ebony stain. (Gave my self headaches reading the finely finished forum...) Did 4 coats poly by hand, 3 thickish w my sprayer, sanded down to 1600 and now 4 w the spray can. I've got all the hardware and the neck is on the way. Going w a cheap but highly regarded Giovanni GVH1 humbucker in the bridge and a standard tele neck pickup. Going to try getting the Zemaitis look w a pickguard cut from an old engraved catering tray.