Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pickups in 2000 Fender Nashville Tele

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by metropark15, Jul 27, 2018.

1. metropark15

metropark15 TDPRI Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Long Island
    good afternoon

i have a 2000 Fender Nashville Tele and was wondering if anyone might know which pickups
    were standard back then.

i am also thinking about upgrading the pickups...

thoughts?

thank you

roy

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

They're actually quite good, I found.

I have four of those kind of Nashvilles and I added a base plate to each of the 3 Tex Mex pickups that stayed. On the fourth Nashville, I used two RWRP SSL-1 Seymours in N + M and put a Bill and Becky Keystone in the bridge position and got noise canceling in N + M and M + B. The Base plates were 100% improvement and the altered guitar is more different (Stratty) than anything else.

4. metropark15

metropark15 TDPRI Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Long Island
    I am considering going that route as far as swapping pickups
    Thinking the Seymour Duncan set

Mincer likes this.
  5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

One of my Deluxe Nashville MIMs has Seymour SSL-1s in the neck and middle, and a Bill and Becky/Keystone in the bridge. The middle SSL-1 is RWRP towards the neck and towards the bridge pickup also. Nice middle ground between Strat and Tele.

6. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

What is your goal with swapping pickups?

I find many of the SDs are too muddy, but there are many who like them.

I usually start with evaluating the volume pot measured kohms and mod that or swap tone caps (pots have a 20% tolerance range and it matters fer tonezes). I used to swap pickups but found most of the time changing the controls fixes an issue.

Experimenting with different pickups to test pickups is a different path, but I'd go something a lot different like gold foils, lipsticks, and so on.

7. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity

AFAIK, CTS pot (which would be stock) are at 10% tolerance. That, and even up to 20% on caps.........................ya ain't gonna hear the diff vs. any that are right on.

And when your vol. is on 10, whatever you do with caps ain't gonna mean jack either. Caps real NOTICEABLE effect (by value) only comes into play when you use the control.

As long as we are talkin' pups, I put Keystone dlx. in mine ('06) and a CS 69 in the middle. That gives me noise reduction in pos. 4. Also a p/p pot for neck on, and that's noise reduction as well with the bridge natrually...............Keystone set.

Not that I didn't dig the Tex Mex, I just get curious and change pups now and then, as I get bored with some tones.

This is the 3rd. set of pups I've had in it. The other set was ('52) OV's.

What type of music do you play ? What is it about the TM's that makes you want to change ?
    That might help someone suggest something that might fit the bill for you.

Post over here:
    http://www.tdpri.com/forums/just-pickups.12/

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.