Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

pickups for jazz

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by allen jones, Mar 3, 2009.

1. allen jones

allen jones NEW MEMBER!

Mar 3, 2009
    beaufort
    I am trying to configure a Squire Thinline for jazz. The tone stock is really pretty good. I'm playing through a Pfat Kat amp, and mostly play in small combos. I am looking for a neck pick up with individual pole screws to balance the volume, particularly to bring out the high E string. Anyone gone down this rabbit hole recently?

2. Chrismo

Chrismo Friend of Leo's

Only neck pickup I can think of with pole screws is the Fralin Steel Pole - though I'm not sure if that's what you're aiming for.

If you're looking to route the neck for a humbucker, the Duncan Jazz is your remedy.

3. vanguard

vanguard Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    surprisingly, the don mare stelly in my texas tele gives a crazy good jazz tone. i bought it looking for strat tones (duh), but i'd say it's much closer to a big box gibson in tone. it sounds huge yet hollow, very warm and silky. i've played 335 style guitars, and teles with various humbuckers, and this stelly is as close to that classic jazz sound as anything i've heard.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. hwestman

hwestman Tele-Holic

Mar 24, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    While not adjustable, the SD Alnico 2 neck pickup is very jazzy and smooth...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.