Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pickguard Source for Fender USA Tele HS?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by beckspeed, Oct 2, 2017.

1. beckspeed

beckspeed TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Scouring the web for a genuine fender tele pickguard - black with a humbucker in the neck. Seems like these should be abundant but I cant find anywhere. I just got burned with a Amazon import one and I don't want to play that game again.

Other suggestions welcome. Thanks

2. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    I'd go with WD pickguards if you want a non-standard pickguard, it's not genuine fender but it's good quality stuff. I bought a 5 hole single ply esquire guard when I converted my tele into an esquire, perfect match on the holes and matches the neck pocket perfectly.

BadMojo, Nevada_Bob and Tim S like this.

3. beckspeed

beckspeed TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Perfect thanks!

4. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    Yeah, when I want to match a Fender-made guitar, WD is where I go (if Fender doesn't have what I want).

WD will also, typically, include notes in their descriptions that tell you whether something will or will not fit certain models (ex., for Squier and other imports).

5. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Meister

I recommend the Stratosphere. I have had nothing but great service and great products from them.
    R

6. beckspeed

beckspeed TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    great thanks guys! Stay away from these on amazon - the holes are way off.

Seismic Audio
    Seismic Audio SAGA36 Black Replacement 3 Ply Humbucker Pickguard for Standard Tele Style Guitar

7. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

There are a few that come up in a search on Reverb.com using "Telecaster black pickguard humbucker neck" as a search term. Not genuine Fender however.

8. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Pickguards are finicky things, most of the time the cheaper stuff can be fine but you get the odd thing which is awful despite its high-quality claim. Buy cheap, buy twice! I've done it before I was looking for a cheap stratocaster tortoiseshell pickguard because genuine will set you back £50+ and I was probably going to drill holes in it at one point and actually when a step further and crudely enlarged pickup mounting holes to fit P90s in the end. I bought one and it was dreadful, fit the guitar fine but the high-quality celluloid top layer was a cheap pixelated print with a clear over it. I tried another one at a similar price and that was a massive improvement, still had a layer of clear over tortoiseshell pattern (which should be expected at the £10-15 price point but the underneath was genuine celluloid (I could smell it when I was enlarging the pickup mounting holes).

Anyway, I usually stick with WD, with the tort guard I was pretty much that I begrudge paying for something I couldn't commit to not butchering. ;)

9. Nevada_Bob

Nevada_Bob TDPRI Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Pac NW
    WD or Warmoth - both great quality

BadMojo likes this.

10. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland

11. beckspeed

beckspeed TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks guys! WD ordered!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.