Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Picked up a few pedals on CL; which ones to keep?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Big_Bend, May 28, 2010.

1. Wow, what a score. Personally I'm most interested in MIJ Boss (especially the CE-2 and DS-1) and several other of the Boss's (BD-2, BF-2, etc), and the MXRs. The DOD FX-17 is becoming desirable as well.:cool:

2. I also see an RC-2 Loop Station that's not on the list - I'd buy that from you!:D

3. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thx ya thats the plan... play with everything for a little while then sell most all of it. I already have a nice board that I was very happy with (BBE Wah -> Polytune -> Sparkle Drive Keeley Modded -> Pork Loin -> Blues Driver Keeley Modded -> Carbon Copy)

Hehe can you imagine? :lol: Its not the batteries I'm worried about tho, its all the patch cables.

No can do.. I gota raise the $$ to help pay for my son's next semester of college. Wish I could tho.

I'm not even sure what this does.. but it will be fun to play with and find out. :D

4. tlcstr

tlcstr TDPRI Member

Apr 9, 2010
    edinburgh, scotland
    string 'em all up in a pedal board- worth it for the photos! I don't know about most of them, but if you're selling the new Digitech Whammy I'll buy it at a good price... :D

5. It's supposed to go in the mail to me. :lol:

6. markxander

markxander Tele-Holic

ha if you decide to sell that Blue Box, give me a shout.

Especially if it's going to fund higher education.

7. westcoastcanuck

westcoastcanuck TDPRI Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Langley BC, Canada
    Wow, lotsa pedals – looks like days of fun trying them all! I would be sure to keep the following:
    Voodoo Lab (great pedals!) The DOD YJM, Barber and Marshall pedals are also good pedals. MXR pedals (good utility) and any Boss pedal that is made in JAPAN. Many of the made in Japan Boss pedals are becoming collector’s items so I would definitely hold on to those. Same with the Digitech stuff – great collectibles so hang on to those! I would probably sell everything else. Some people like Danelectro pedals but in my opinion they are low quality pedals. Have fun trying them all out :eek:)

8. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 12, 2005
    Fullerton, CA
    Holy cr@p!!!

If you run a home studio keep them all. Sometimes you need a velvetty tone, other times you need a strange wonk or splat.

I would spend some time trying them all out for a few hours each before deciding - there might be some sleepers in there, or pedals that get a bad rap that you might actually like (opinions are always subjective)... that could take years though HAHA!

9. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    So many pedals! So crazy!

10. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    Phillip McKnight on YouTube said that a lot of the Danelectro pedals are very good in one of his recent QA videos. :)

Phil:

[​IMG]

11. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 16, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    OMG

12. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Lucky!!!
    Some of the Boss stuff is on my wish list....

13. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2013
    KS
    7yr old thread resurrection

14. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 16, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Least we have the "Time Stamp Police" to bring these things to our attention.... Go out much?

Staypuft1652 likes this.

15. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    Well, hopefully Big_Bend has sold a couple of these pedals by now...:D

Ekko and hrstrat57 like this.

16. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    OK then how bout a zombie thread update instead by the OP?

17. Ekko

Ekko TDPRI Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Texas
    I was about to offer my soul for that MIJ DS-1 before it was posted the the thread as a zombie. I'm a huge DS-1 fan; always figured if it was good enough for Kurt Cobain and Robert Smith, good enough for me. I've never heard much of a difference (keyword much) between the Japan and Taiwanese on YouTube videos, but I still want to try them myself versus each other in person.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

18. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    Good Lord!!! Do the lights dim in your living room when you plug in your board? LOL!
    Congrats, what a haul.
    I am not a super knowledgeable pedal guy, but I can tell you from personal experience that the AC-2 acoustic simulator is a paperweight.
    The DD-5 and the blues driver are workhorses.

19. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    Just saw it was a zombie. But anyway how bout an update?

20. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Man, just keep all of them, and turn them in ten to twenty years when they'll all be worth a fortune. Even the 'crap' pedals. I've seen it happen so many times.
    Remember the 80's and 90's when original EHX pedals weren't worth a plug nickel? I sure do.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.