Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Photobucket: bad to worse

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Meteorman, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Hey c'mon now, they wore puffy shirts albeit probably not pink in the revolutionary war era when people were using those cool muskets. So your rifle is puffy by association......

2. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Unfortunately, some of those selfless, insightful members are no longer with us.

3. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Yes. I have no puffy shirts and my singing voice has been compared to Steve Perry singing Don't Stop Believing. Compared badly, but compared.

4. Barncaster

OK Rick, where are the Karaoke videos posted?

5. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2012
    State College PA
    My stuff has been called a lot of things... "puffy" would be one of the milder adjectives, so I'll take it.
    But i gotta say, Daniel Boone never wore a puffy shirt, thats my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;-)

6. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    No, he didn't. His was probably more like this one :D

[​IMG]

By the way, that's my dad circa 1988. He tanned the hide using a brain tan method and made the shirt and hat himself. The eagle feather was given to him as a gift from a native American friend in a special ceremony. This is the kind of stuff we did for fun back when I was in jr. high. The old man was an incredibly good shot and a natural outdoorsman.

7. Barncaster

Rog,
    Your dad makes Grizzly Adams look like Liberace.
    Rob

John Nicholas, RogerC and adirondak5 like this.

8. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    While puffy shirts are awesome and Roger's dad is an American hero... it doesn't help with this dang Photobucket thingy...

My brain must be mush, because there is something called the Internet Way Back machine. Now it doesn't always index all the photos, but many time it does.

What does this mean? In some cases we may be able to "save" some of the really important threads on here by going back in time!

Try clicking on this here link to see what I mean...

https://web.archive.org/web/20130117151245/http://www.tdpri.com:80/forum/tele-home-depot/

Maybe we could have a few people volunteer to "archive" the super helpful tutorial threads... just a wacky thought!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017

9. summer_69

summer_69 Tele-Meister

Sep 22, 2008
    Denmark
    Yes and yes. Also unfortunately there is probably not much to do about it which will recuperate the photo information in the threads. Unless of course photobucket changes their service policy but I will be surprised if that happens. Or unles the business people behind e.g. tdpri and the business people behind photobucket find a business model that will allow "selective hosting". That should solve the problem between the forum operators who can make a deal with photobucket.
    And I would not be surprised either if such has been discussed behind the curtains prior to the photobucket change. If so it seems that they were unable to agree.

10. summer_69

summer_69 Tele-Meister

Sep 22, 2008
    Denmark

11. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    I looked at a few threads and the photos aren't there. It says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting". EDIT: I looked some more and it's hit and miss..

John Nicholas likes this.

12. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    As of the new PB policy, each account gets some 'free' third party views. When the photo goes away depends on how many times you look, essentially.

13. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Meister

May 28, 2008
    netherlands
    i am trying to download my albums but i get a message like.
    mmmmm, it seems something went wrong, please try again.

and i try againg and get the same, with al my albums.
    in Edge, firefox no go.
    did someone else tackle this problem?

14. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    I finally got an email response from Photobucket support about not being able to download albums , they are aware of it , its a problem on their end .
    Its just another part of their scheme I think , make it impossible for users to download their albums , maybe that'll get some more of em to pay up . You can download your pics one at a time though , I recently downloaded a 400 picture album one at a time , took a good amount of time .

15. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    The really cool thing about the Wayback machine is the site is the old design. You can see the progression when the site changed. Plus there are bunches of threads from folks that were here for only a short time....

The link I shared was only one date... there are many more "snapshots" of the site from other dates.

Oh man! That sounds like a giant pain in the butt!

Did the folks at Photobucket say they were working on resolving the download album issue??

16. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    archive.org is a great idea. But either I'm not using it correctly (I usually just go there for Grateful Dead shows), or it's not a solution to this problem.

If I go to the Wayback, and in their little url box enter: http://www.tdpri.com:80/threads/neck-carving-by-drawing-and-creating-facets-on-the-wood.317748/

This takes me to @guitarbuilder's original thread on neck carving. I choose dates from 2016, and the first few posts show either an IMG placeholder tag or the PB ransom message. I suspect that for some reason archive.org is not performing a deep copy, and is still referencing the PB links. The IMG placeholders are most likely images that @guitarbuilder has removed from PB.

Help?

17. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    It was a pain John , it took a few hours but that one album had some pics on it that I really wanted . The only thing Photobucket support said was that there is a known problem with album downloads and they are looking into it . That was bout 3 weeks ago .
    This starts to look more and more like a planned strategy to get folks to buy into the high fee , maybe I'm being overly suspicious but I don't believe the download problem is coincidence

18. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Not sure if you looked, but in the last few posts of that thread (Guitarbuilders original neck carving thread) is a pdf of the thread (not the way back machine) It was cleared by Marty before posting and has all the photos.

Just an FYI.

Somewhere I have Jack Well's one piece neck build tutorial that can be converted to a pdf and shared. It would be important to make sure Jack approves first.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/building-a-one-piece-neck-ii.256935/

19. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Herb,

I agree with you, this is done for a reason.

What that reason is, does not seem to be clear.

I seem to be in a better position then many, as Photobucket was only used to host photos, I still have all of my photos on backup drives....

20. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

I haven't removed any images from anything. PB did. See my new and improved neck carving thread ...now with pictures.....

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/lets-make-a-neck.755300/

Barncaster and RogerC like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.