Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pharaoh Class A Boost opinions?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by waywest612, Mar 20, 2003.

1. waywest612

waywest612 TDPRI Member

Mar 20, 2003
    I'm looking to buy a top quality clean boost...any opinions on this pedal (or others) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David

2. Mike Aufrichtig

Mike Aufrichtig Tele-Meister

Mar 3, 2003
    River Edge, NJ
    I've had one for about a year and a half now. Don't necessarily use it as a clean boost, but just to give a little bit more push to the sound, like I turning the amp up from 6 to 8. I find it's one of those you can easily leave on all the time - when you turn your guitar's volume down, it does a great job of cleaning up and preserving the guitar's straight uneffected tone. It will give an OK clean boost, but if you're looking just to boost volume without adding at least a little bit of grit, other pedals may do better (ie. Klon, Fatboost, etc.)

3. sshan25

sshan25 Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2003
    Albion, RI
    Pharaoh Class A

I have the 2 knob version. I think it makes a wonderful
    clean boost. Matt will custom make ont to your specs if
    you want. Two other ones that get good reviews are the
    Nick Greer Sonic Boom and Sweet Sound Fat Boost. Go
    to Musictoyz.com and search the "boost" posts.

4. LarryR

LarryR Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    los angeles
    I Like mine..........

I have one with the tone and contour control. I recommend the contour control as you can change the "Grit" quality quite a bit with it. Sounds great with my EL-84 amps.......
    I lucked out and got one of the Flag models he refers to on his website( only 4 or 5) I think. He calls it a future collectable so we'll see in 10- 20 years. (Except I have never been able to hold onto any musical gear for that long)
    Larry

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.