Pen lovers? A neat idea - refillable rollerball.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, May 19, 2019.

1. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I am guessing a place like this where people still use and value old and old style items might have some pen and paper lovers.

My brother and I have collected fountain pens and pens for years. He got me a Monteverde roller ball that refills like a fountain pen. I see Herbin and Konrad make them too.

It's nice to have a ball type pen with the ink color choices and some of these things are not expensive. I can't speak for all of them but I've noticed it's a little squeaky and less so with a modern in with lubricant in it.

My work reality is I just don't use pen and paper like I used to. I don't want someone grabbing a special fountain pen from me or my space having no idea it's a special item. This is ball pen function with the not throw away and ink ritual aspect all in one.

:)

Teleterr likes this.
  2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I dated a girl for a while that worked at a Mont Blanc store. It seemed silly to me that they were using Mont Blancs at the cash register but she said they only use fake ones for customer interaction since they often get stolen.
    Makes sense.
    My fake Mont Blanc works just fine.

imwjl and Teleterr like this.
  3. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

CONGRATS ! I use to use a cartridge version of the fountain pen ; and still have the clothes and hand stains to prove it. My teachers hated it, but not as much as my Venus No. 7 drawing pencil.

RodeoTex likes this.
  4. GibbyTwin

GibbyTwin Tele-Meister

somewhere between Asbury Park and Atlantic City
    I have a couple Waterman fountain pens that I use every once in a while. They both use ink cartridges. One of them came with a refillable cartridge but I never remember to buy a bottle of ink until I use the pen and need to change the cartridge.
    I'd like to have one of the old type pens with the refillable ink bladder in it. Just because.
    And, I would have to remember the ink for that one! :)

Teleterr likes this.
  5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Those would be grabbed for different reasons, but I have to watch my work space because I'l use not really expensive but not common 1970s - 90s pens. I don't want someone taking a 1980s or 70s Parker that still works fine and isn't throw away crap. I've seen people throw away decent pens they got as gifts not knowing there are refills.

I'm sure you can get a converter for bottled ink. The threaded piston or a push/pull piston converter is going to be more reliable than a bladder type. There are lots of ink choices these days. Decades ago I always remember Waterman inks as quick to flow but not as deep or dark blue as some. You might be surprised by the options for that pen.

GibbyTwin and Teleterr like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.