Peeping Tom.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ironwolf, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Earlier today I was on my back porch when my big cat, General Eisenhower, found the next door neighbors black cat in the garden and ran him home. The black cat went over the fence, and in the house through the pet door. Ike stalked back and forth in front of the gate for a bit (he's too big to jump the fence like the other cat), and then sat down on the concrete. After a few minutes he jumped up and went flying around to the front of the house. I went after him, since we keep the cats in the back yard and don't let them roam. When I got around front I looked around and found him on the neighbors front porch, standing on the bench and peering in the window. Looking for that black cat I guess. I shooed him back to his yard, where he found a shady spot and watched the neighbors gate for the rest of the time he was outside. That's what I call territorial.

String Tree, dkmw, Stubee and 13 others like this.
  2. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

The way I see it, cats have all these amazing skills, the equivalent of a highly trained ninja, and are just itching for something to do with those skills, to show how kick-ass they are. Most things are beneath them, unworthy of their considerable talent, hence they snooze the day away. But another predator encroaching on their territory -- that's a serious breach of protocol.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Air rifle cleaning pellets are your answer. No harm no foul.

And fun too.

Greggorios likes this.
  4. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Meister

I would tend to agree about them being territorial.

I have two black cat brothers, but I keep mine inside.

Mike ;)

5. Stratohacker

Stratohacker Tele-Holic

6. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

I have a big ass cat we call Cyco. Stray that showed up some 10+ years ago. Seems he just decided he was going to live here. Baddest cat in the hood to this day. My brother came by with his new girlfriend and her little Jack Russel. Dog growled at me! Cyco lit him up big time, Craziest thing I ever seen.

cat dude, Wildcard_35, Alamo and 2 others like this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I circumvent kitty skirmishes often around here.
    Un-neutered Toms still come me and cause trouble.
    Varmints!

8. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I like IKE!....

9. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think Ike was just putting some punctuation on the declarative sentence of “You know what’s gonna happen if you’re in our yard again !”

Cuz remember - dogs were domesticated , cats domesticated themselves. Cats are to some degree service animals that want to please . If they weren’t they wouldn’t present us their kills the way they do.

I do like black Tom cats.

Notch is a 12 yr old black tomcat and was tear-assing around the backyard tonight in a circle letting the chipmunks know what’s what.

Bumper crop of chipmunks this year. They are everywhere.

verb boten likes this.
  10. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

If dogs possessed the arsenal that cats have at their disposal, they would take over the world.

11. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Cats could probably do it themselves, if they could stay awake for more than an hour or two each day.

12. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

If cats got as big as a bull mastiff, they'd be mountain lions.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Wildcard_35, 8barlouie and verb boten like this.
  13. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Meister

Booger cleaned up my chipmunk problem in just a few weeks. I noticed they no longer came out in the open to chatter at me in the shop. Finally, they appeared dead, one by one in my walking path. For a cat who loves a rub and tries to talk to me , he is sure death on vermine.
    Cat Salute! :cool:

14. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

About three weeks ago, something similar happened.
    The neighbor also has two small yippie dogs that occasionally will dig out and come into our yard. No big deal. When they are in their own yard, my cats like to go over to the gate and harass the dogs.
    On this particular evening, the two dogs were in our yard and I let the cats out just to se what they would do. All of them just went out to the edge of the patio and started eating grass. The two dogs started yipping at them. and slowly working in closer and closer. The cats just ignored them. Except for General MacArthur (who is almost as big as his brother).
    As the dogs jumped in and out getting closer and closer, Mac would occasionally look up and (if its possible) scowl at them. They came in closer and closer with the other cats ignoring them, but with MacArthur maintaining an eye on the interlopers. Eventually, on of the dogs lunged in within a couple of feet of Mac, yipping like crazy. Mac exploded.
    He did a 180 in mid air and came down with all four feet going full speed right at the dogs. They yelped and took off with Mac behind them. He ran them around behind the garden and through three full circuits of the back yard, at which point they made for the hole they had dug under the fence and levitated through it.
    During all this, the other cats just carried on unperturbed. Mac peered under the fence to make sure they were gone then came stomping back around the garden and rejoined the others calmly noshing the grass.

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Sounds to me like you and Mac are running some kind of cat house! :D

SecretSquirrel and Wildcard_35 like this.
  16. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Paul in Colorado and Mike Eskimo like this.
  17. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Meister

My ex wife and I had a cat, Willow. She was more mine. They didn’t get along well. Willow had been a feral kitten, rescued early on by my sister and passed on to us.

Anyway, one night I was awakened by something between a bark and a wail. I follow the sound to the sliding glass doors from the den to the backyard patio. From the den side of the glass, willow was voicing her displeasure to an opossum encroaching on the patio.

My first thought was “ I’ve gotta get rid of this possum that’s freaking my cat out” ...so standing behind willow, I start pounding on the glass with both hands.

Apparently willow was so focused on the possum, she was unaware of my presence. So she jumps a foot and proceeds to climb my leg like it’s a spiral staircase.

Lesson learned.

18. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I previously raised 2 black cat brothers too, KoKo and Bukka. Bukka, built like a linebacker but had a dogs personality followed me like a puppy and laid on my chest at every opportunity. His brother was lithe and fast as hell but refused to be held by anybody. I think about 6 seconds was the record. He'd wait 'til bedtime then climb on you and start "kneading" the blankets and head butting your hands if they were outside of the covers. Strange agents, cats.

19. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Holic

Imagine what the world would be like if cats had opposable thumbs!

20. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Actual Peeping Tom!

Alamo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.