Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pedals your not using...but still keeping

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RetroTeleRod, Sep 13, 2018.

1. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    I'm a HUGE Dinosaur Jr. fan, and I have spent the past couple years collecting what might be considered J. Mascis signature pedals. I have a Blackout Effectors Twosome Fuzz, which I am currently using on my board, a ZVEX Double Rock, which is NOT on my board currently, and a Stomp Under Foot '76 Amherst, which also is not on my board. Even though I'm not using those pedals currently, I can't bring myself to sell them because I've spent so much time, energy, and money collecting them.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

2. D_Malone

D_Malone TDPRI Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Ferndale, MI
    I have a bunch of fuzz pedals that are collecting dust. I keep thinking I'll figure out how to make them work for me someday. Other people do some amazing things with fuzz. Me, not so amazing.

telemnemonics and RetroTeleRod like this.

3. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    MXR Distortion+
    Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser
    MuTron Phasor II
    Ibanez TS-9
    Budda Budwah
    Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q
    George Denis Wha+ Switch
    Joyo Digital Delay
    Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter
    First Act Distortion

Some bass pedals; Optical Comp, OD and Chorus

I'm sure there are more...

RetroTeleRod likes this.

4. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    tube screamer, blues driver, boss DD3, boss-RV2, Cry baby wah, Zoom 505, lots of these were gifts and are in the studio but I dont use them

RetroTeleRod likes this.

5. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think it says you like yellow overdrives but for your delays you are open to multiple colors

RetroTeleRod and bluesholyman like this.

6. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Love these pedals and they will find a home when I get around to making that backup pedalboard I've been planning for a while:
    Danelectro DO1 Daddy-O Overdrive
    Analogman NKT 275 Sun Face Fuzz
    Danelectro Cool Cat! Tremolo
    MXR M133 Micro Amp

Also...
    Ibanez TS808RI Tube Screamer Overdrive
    MXR M66 Classic Overdrive

RetroTeleRod likes this.

7. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    What are you using instead of the Sun Face?

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Boss LS-2. Would instantly get back in the chain if I went back to gigging electric. Always good to have the ultimate pocket knife around in case of an emergency. In a labeled transparent box, ready to go at any moment. I still can't believe I took it off my board after all of these years.
    IMG_3073.JPG

9. Zeonoid

Zeonoid Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2008
    Slovakia, EU
    I need to focus on creativity and since I ve got around 25 pedals I basically got all I need.
    I m not wasting my life with pedals because they are here to help creativity not to waste time.

10. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Tele-Holic

Ive got approximately 25 pedals not currently on either board, but they're all 'floaters', that may get swapped into rotation at any moment. ;)

Only real booteeky pedal not in current use though, is my Bogner Blue. Almost all backups are Joyos or sub-$100 boxes.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I wouldn’t have guessed you were one to covet a pedal for having the better chip!
    How does on identify a big chip DD-3?

12. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana

13. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 21, 2003
    Near BWI Int'l
    I don't really have any plans of unloading anything in my collection, and there's quite a few things that mostly sit on the shelf.

Even stuff like my SansAmp GT2 ended up getting a few tweaks done to it sort of recently, but I'll just play with it for a little bit, and then it goes back on the shelf. The GT2 was a "premium purchase" back in the mid- or late-90's, so I can't bring myself to unload it.

I've got an old Zoom 505 multi (1st gen) that I may never use ever again, and I think some of the switches on it are glitchy. I'm also keeping that one for nostalgic reasons, and I imagine I'd only get $10 or less if I tried to sell it.

I only use a wah pedal maybe once or twice in a decade, and yet I have two of them that someone gave me. One was just a plain vanilla Cry Baby, but I did convert it to true bypass (keeping the decent buffer for when activated, though), and the other is one of those "was a big deal back in the day" Teese wah pedals that I couldn't sell if I begged someone to steal it from me (this was probably a little over a year ago, now). The Teese is really in mint shape, and if I used wah, the C.B. really does all the things I'd need it to. But those will probably be with me forever...

...I also keep forgetting that I have stuff like a dirty old pair of Dano Dan Echo pedals, that are in addition to the one that I bought years ago. I honestly never seem to remember that someone gave them to me, and they've now been on the same spot on the shelf (in the back, in my defense) for possibly over two years.

...Then there's my recent purchase of a DOD Gunslinger - cool pedal that is currently on my big board, but possibly not for much longer. I paid about half what a typical dinner for two might cost (okay, I'm a cheapskate), so I'm just not going to bother unloading it. Besides - I put really cool clear MXR-ish knobs on it, which look great with the silver enclosure color.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

14. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

May 27, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Almost all of them. Out of the ones that i do not have plugged in right now, probably the Joyo AC Tone is the least likely to get used.

But I will keep them all. I just don't want to deal with selling pedals to strangers. I'd rather give my cheap ones away to kids that would use them.

The few that I thought were dogs (Wampler Leviathan), I have ended up liking, in the right context.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

15. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    The repeats degrade differently. Subtly. Different than any analog I’ve tried too.

I just take off the bottom and look for the delay chip spanning the width of the pedal. It’s suoposed to be some fancy chip, maybe from their coveted rack delay?

telemnemonics likes this.

16. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    Are those the MIJ pedals?

17. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    My main board has a Dunlop JH2S Jimi Hendrix System Classic Fuzz, which is a bit less Extreme and fits my "usual" set list better than the Sun Face, which is a bit wild.

RetroTeleRod and E5RSY like this.

18. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2012
    marysville
    BOSS SD1
    I've bought and sold this pedal 3 different times, I finally decided to keep it this time

RetroTeleRod likes this.

19. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    I keep my Rat and Cry Baby Wah from the 90s for sentimental reasons.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

20. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I think so? But I also seem to recall not all MIJ are big chip? Oils be mistaken though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.