Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pedals your not using...but still keeping

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RetroTeleRod, Sep 13, 2018.

1. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    What pedals do you own that are currently not on any board, but you wouldn't dream of parting with anyway? Here's some of mine. What about you?
    Boss OD-3
    Visual Sound Open Road
    Boss DD-3
    MXR Carbon Copy

2. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    I have a TS-7 that's perfect. It's more trouble than it's worth though, since I've gone to a GT-100 instead of a pedalboard.

I also have this that I don't use much (for the same reason). But it's not going anywhere - best muff clone I've ever heard. I've sold away several other Sunday Handwired pedals and wished I would've kept all of them.

Oh yeah - I also have a weird OD pedal - probably a TS clone - that was made by an amp builder in the 90s. No name, magic markered controls, big-ol' etched board. It's not going anywhere either. Absolutely one-of-a-kind.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  3. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Meister

Oct 1, 2017
    italy
    I can't keep pedals that i don't use, i'd rather sell them and buy some new ones. :):):)

RetroTeleRod and bluesholyman like this.
  4. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    All of them.

I had a bit of spare cash and made the "mistake" of trying a few pedals when I was at the shop one weekend.

I really like what I have and they will be used. However, as I'm more than a bit time-constrained, I've realised that my focus needs to be on learning how to play and then moving onto making interesting sounds....!

My pedals:
    ColorSound Mk IV Tone Bender
    Boss TU3-W
    Ibanez TS9DX
    Dr Z Z-Drive
    Keeley Delay Workstation
    Keeley Compressor+
    Keeley Seafoam+
    Catalinbread Zero Point
    Cry Baby Wah

audiopablo and RetroTeleRod like this.
  5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Afflicted

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    Digitech Hendrix pedal in the box
    Dunlop fuzz face larger version, not vintage but sounds great just a pita to mount on a board.
    EHX b9 machine, I rarely use it but can't sell it because it's so cool.
    A few old mij boss pedals I like to bust out now and then.
    Visual sound angry fuzz.
    Wampler velvet fuzz
    Fuzz face silicon mini
    A cheap klon clone

robinsong and RetroTeleRod like this.
  6. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    got Boss MS-3 switcher and it literally can replace em all. I kept 3 on board and in the closet is TS-SD1-DS1-OD1-Metal Muff - Joyo British-Ac & American(great di boxes) Vintage Chorus-Vintage Overdrive-Analog Delay.xotic compressor-ditto looper

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  7. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Tele-Afflicted

May 21, 2006
    SPace
    I have a Boss DS-1 that was my first distortion pedal. I later had it Keeley-modded. Eventually I got a Radial Trimode that became my dirt box of choice, but I still kept the Boss and only gave the slightest thought to selling it, or giving it to a friend. I'm glad I kept it, because I now use a 3-loop pedal to switch between the Radial, the Boss and a Fuzz Factory. The loop pedal makes it like one giant, 4-channel (three pedals, one of which has two channels) pedal that gives me any dirt sound I could want and the ability to switch between radically different sounds (or bypass) with one stomp.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  8. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Yorkshire
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, the early 18v type with the heavy duty metal chassis. A fantastic chorus, but I don't use chorus at all. My first pedal ( it was of its time ) and I grew tired of chorus sounds.
    Couldn't bring myself to sell it.

newrider1969 and RetroTeleRod like this.
  9. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    I have several dirt pedals that are fun to play around with, but don’t make the cut for my pedalboard, where my BB Preamp and DIY paisley Rat clone rule.

The “fun to play with” dirt boxes include:

Boss DS-1
    Boss SD-1
    DIY Big Muff clone (Triangle version)
    Dunlop blue Silicon Fuzz Face Mini
    DIY Fuzzrite clone

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  10. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    A Colorsound Overdriver clone and a Triangle Big Muff made by Chicago Stompworks. The Overdriver is great a boost, and I used it for years, it's just too big.

A Fuzzface clone made by John McNeece of Diabolical Devices.

An SD-1 and a BD-2, because they are classics and I still like them even though I don't use them.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  11. Armo

Armo Tele-Holic

Nov 13, 2008
    Wales
    I got about 35-40 pedals - don't use any of them. Life's already way too complicated. Keep it simple is my new mantra. I'm planning convert my volume pedal to a pedal for my TIG welder.

knockeduptele likes this.
  12. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    I have one of those and I feel exactly the same about it!

bcorig, newrider1969 and VintageSG like this.
  13. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Oh hell I couldn't even name them all...

Pretty sure I have three Visual Sound Rt66 V1, one is new in box, because I used to really like them and they are the only TS variant that sounds good to me.
    Seems like I've bought most of the usual suspects from the pre boutique era, though there are tons of highly recommended modern pedals I never bought.

I have a spare and an alternate of my favorite delay, three of my favorite boutique muff, most of the classic ODs that I never bonded with but consider staples, lots of flangers that almost sound great and a few more that sound great but are noisy, because I'm convinced that there is a great flanger out there somewhere.
    Prob eight phasers pretty much based on the phase 90 including the Whirlwind on my board, only two FFs because most of them suck but good ones are great, only one octave fuzz because most of them suck but good ones are, uh, well I needed one.

And how can I not have a MIJ DS-1?

Edit: I bought an SD-1 and yet another Rat because, TDPRI.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  14. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    "Wouldn't dream of parting with" is too strong a word for any pedal I own, but there are some I don't plan to sell.
    Any fuzz I get my hands on. Right now, a fuzzrite clone and a "doom treader" won't be going to any gigs, but I'm not selling.
    I don't really use overdrives, but I have a lovepedal brown deluxe that I bought to flip. For now, I'm keeping it as a bandaid for use with ss amps. Maybe I don't like it enough for it to qualify for this thread. But I still have it.
    I'm not currently using my dod fx55 distortion, but I'm fond of it and plan to keep it, barring an unforseen event that causes them to sell for 10 times what they do now.

$_86.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg 00001331_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    RetroTeleRod likes this.
  15. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

All of them since I got my Kat50....

16. twotone60

twotone60 Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2011
    Charlottesville, va
    I love pedals but end up using less and less of them in the band context. I do have my xotic SP1 on a low setting all the time, use a light overdrive and delay a few times per set and chorus/flange/trem just once or twice an evening.

I have a pedalboard for each of two bands and a bunch of orphans: Original script logo Phase 100 is on permanent loan to my son, original Barber Tone Press is wonderful, but the SP is smaller, Catalinbread Formula 55 is a great pedal, but I don't play much heavy, loud, distorted stuff, original Japan made Arion Stereo Analog Delay, and original Ibanez AD9.

I paid a whopping $30 for the AD9. If you coupled the AD9 with the Catalinbread and a vintage tube amp like my '65 Gemini VI, you'd have the dirty rock/rockabilly set up from hell - Rumble here we come, but I'm only doing a smidge of that type of stuff these days.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  17. bo

bo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Hmmm...

'80s Ibanez AD-9 delay
    Early Analogman modded TS-9 (808 specs)
    Keeley modded Sparkledrive
    Wayhuge Aquapuss
    Demeter Tremulator and Fuzzulator
    Early Nobels ODR-1
    Vox Valvetone (modded by Don Butler aka Toneman)
    Danelectro Daddy-O and Dan-Echo
    DOD Vibro-Thang (early "slow" version...I got the later "fast" version on the board)
    late '70s Boss DS-1

There's probably a few others...

twotone60 and RetroTeleRod like this.
  18. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    Marshall Supervibe Chorus
    Butler Real Tube 901 Overdrive
    MXR Phase 90
    Ibanez AFL
    DigiTech Bass Multi Chorus

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    RetroTeleRod likes this.
  19. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    Things I won't sell (again) even if they are not on my board currently:

- Big chip Boss DD-3
    - Boss Blues Driver
    - Boss DS-1
    - Snouse Blackbox
    - Boss CE-2w

The rest are on my board.

And yes, I did write "(again") intentionally.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  20. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Boss FRV-1. It doesn't play well with dirt so it isn't on my board, but it sounds amazing when I play clean. Which is nearly always at home, not with the band.

Kokko Distortion. I was curious what a $17 mini dirt pedal wound sound like, and it sounds pretty good. It's not gonna knock my Rat off the board but I wouldn't get anything for it so I won't bother selling it. If I met someone in need of a dirtbox I'd probably just give it to them.

Kokko Phaser pedal. See above, but it was $18.

Danelectro French Toast. I own WAY too many fuzz pedals. I don't normally use an octave fuzz, but it was cheap as chips and sounds great for when I do want it.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.