Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pedal you have that no one here has......

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by telefunken, Aug 17, 2013.

1. sirbergersworth

sirbergersworth Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    I have always loved the sound of a "half cocked" or "fixed" wah. Add a TS after it with a touch of delay. Cuts through any mix!
    I had no idea boss ever made this pedal. Thanks for posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

2. BourbonSamurai

BourbonSamurai Tele-Holic

Apr 26, 2013
    New Orleans,LA
    Does anybody have one of these? They are pretty interesting. I like them better with humbuckers and el34/el84 amps.

Attached Files:

3. slippin slider

slippin slider Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2013
    California
    There is an idea that goes some thing like this: the greater number of patch points into flow of the signal the more control voltages are able to modulate the signal.
    I do all my work in my bed room studio with among other things a 12 track digital recorder.
    I have the time and the motivation curiosity patience to create sounds less commonly used with a, strat/tele/lap steel. Pleasant pretty predictable classic soothing aren't the only colors in my sonic vocabulary. Allen Ravenstine from Pere Ubu was a major source of inspiration
    I believe the question was " pedal others don't have" not "one nob is best"
    As my ever so beautiful fourth grade teacher instructed us early in my education,
    Form follows function. though I am a staunch advocate of "less is more" some times the need arises during the act of creation for something other than a sledge hammer, though I always keep one with in reach.
    I hope this is received in the spirit that it was given in; a long winded yet friendly tease.
    One button to achieve my intentions would certainly simplify the process.

4. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2003
    Maine
    My contender would be the pedal in the middle. It's a Monster FX El Dorado OD. It was the precursor to the Mastortion (but they are not the same pedal by any stretch of the imagination).

[​IMG]

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I mentioned some of these in an earlier post, but I just charged the camera battery, so I figured I'd take a group picture. The white pedal is a Mid-America Whisper Compressor made from a kit.

Attached Files:

6. twintwelve

twintwelve Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2010
    Laurel, DE
    I had one of the MuTron oil can delay pedals from the 70's.....sold it for mucho $$$$$$ pre-2006ish on tha 'bay. Weird soundin thang.

7. twintwelve

twintwelve Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2010
    Laurel, DE
    It wasn't a Mu-Tron, it was a Morely!! Ah, memory and the aging process! Anyway here's a link:http://tonefiend.com/guitar/the-museum-of-lost-effects-the-oil-can-wah/
    Mine was just like this.I traded an MXR phaser for it (I know), even WEIRDER than I remembered!
    [​IMG]

8. Tee1

Tee1 Tele-Meister

Jun 27, 2008
    London, UK
    I got this one in Japan last year. A little germanium distortion.

Attached Files:

9. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2012
    Pacific Rim USA
    Yeah Twintwelve like that except they have a big can thing hanging on the back. Never seen one in person or played one or anything but I've always been curious if they were great sounding or primitive technology that quickly got overshadowed by things smaller and better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.