Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Peavey T60

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Guitmitch, Mar 24, 2017.

1. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Tele-Afflicted

I've got the chainsaw case for the T-15, but no amp.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet. :)

- D

2. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Meister

When my best friend passed, his widow gave me his Epi Dot, a T-60 and a Fender Champ. I gave the T-60 and the Champ to one of our friends who had no electrics.
    I liked the T-60 better than Dot, but it was important to his widow that's the one I kept.

3. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

Apr 8, 2012
    I wanted to offload some guitars so just sold the one above for a really cheap price ($200). It went within minutes.

4. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Does the 'T' in T50 stand for 'Ton'? ;)

5. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    Best podnah has one he bought from our mailman 30 years ago. Mint condition. Neck a little thin for my taste, sounds awesome, rock solid bridge, weighs as much as a small boat with the anchor still in it. Period piece from the early days of CNC. I do not need one.
    Hartley Peavey is an innovator.

6. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    I've owned this one for 22 years and counting and it'll remain with me for many years to come I'm sure.
    DSC01127.JPG
    This is a recent self made 12 string version. (The body is two pieces of maple and I made the thing myself and the neck is an old Samick neck of which I changed the headstock) But, true to its Peavey heritage it is a true beast, it weighs around as much as a Les Paul and it sounds very boomy, to really get it to chime one must turn down the bass of the amp all the way. I also have to cut the grooves at the nut deeper because as it is now, it makes the guitar hard to play.
    DSC01128.JPG

7. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Ah Yes, The Peavey T60.

Had one while playing in a Punk Rock Band. It served me well. That guitar took a beating and just kept on going. I swear that the more abuse it received the better it played and sounded. I used it once to "El Kabong" a drunk that kept smacking into my mic stand. Put it back on to find it it was still in tune.:twisted: Very Solid Guitars! Mine finally met its end in a Car Fire. I miss that Old War Horse to this day. I replaced it with a beat up Telecaster that I still own after all of these years,
    giphy.gif

8. titan uranus

titan uranus TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    36.395884, -78.710617
    It got a Viking Funeral. That's the most any of us can hope for.

FenderGyrl and Zepfan like this.

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Had a T60 in 81. I worked for a Peavey dealer from 82-86 and I sold them. I've had several T15's.

Mr. Peavey why won't you reissue those guitars? You own everything in regards to those models and they would sell like hot cakes.

C'mon Mr. Peavey.....sell them again. The brand notoriety just having those things in stores again!! Why not?

Mr Green Genes and FenderGyrl like this.

10. Tremade

Tremade Tele-Holic

Jan 30, 2016
    Sthlm, Sweden
    Are you sure you hit him? Would someone survive a direct hit by a T-60?? :eek::eek::eek:

11. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI
    I still have a black one that I bought back in 1978.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.