Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Peavey Guitar Owners Club...

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by BritishBluesBoy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jlindseyjr

jlindseyjr Tele-Holic

I got it off ebay. $313 plus $17 shipping. I'm thinking about getting a T-15 or T-30 to keep it company.

2. DeepDrummer

DeepDrummer Former Member

My Gen exp tele and raptor:
    [​IMG]

3. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

Here's some shots of a Crash Pad show a week ago on the Bo Diddley Community Plaza downtown (Gainesville, FL), w/Theresa, my 1980 T-60. First shot courtesy of Aundre Larrow/Independent Florida Alligator, remainder by my friend Phred, and son Jack Krashpad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

Nice to see one in action.

6. Scotty 2

Scotty 2 Tele-Holic

I have 1979 T-60 natural finish.Everything about it is just emaculate.Replaced top
    metal not with bone Strat nut.I have large hands and needed the extra string spacing.
    Also clipped red wires on tone pots for full range control.Will post pix later.Peavey
    guitars are of a med/high quality and should recieve more recognition than they are
    getting.A lot of guitar for the money.

7. TeleAnon

TeleAnon Tele-Meister

I'm leaving the club. Just put my 1989 Generation Series S1 (USA made) on Craigslist.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  8. LGOberean

Well, doesn't look like you'll be leaving Peavey ownership behind completely. Isn't that a late 90s TransTube Bandit I see in the pic behind your Genny?

9. LGOberean

I agree, not enough love out there for Peavey. This thread is great for correcting that situation, though. Look forward to your posting of pics. I favor the natural T-60s, since that was the guitar in my own past.

10. oldmark

oldmark Tele-Meister

Just bought 2 more Peavey guitars last week...

Neither one is here yet, but I have been playing my old T15 early this morning...

I bought 2 Tracers, both HSS, with Kahlers... one is a Custom, the other I'm not sure what, but it is older.
    The Custom is an 89, and has a 24 fret neck...the other is earlier and has a 22 fret neck...both are rosewood boards.
    Both come with original case.

The older is a lefty that I am going to reverse the strings and play right handed...The top has been hand painted in some rather odd patterns and colors like an old hippie guitar...the back was not painted and is a bright metallic blue. This one has the coil splitter for the HB...I did not see one on the newer one.

I know the Tracers are US made and versatile good playing guitars, and if I do decide to start playing un public again, one of them will be my stage guitar.

Both together came to about $400, including shipping. I saw the older one first, on ebay and for some reason kept looking, and found the second one at MF.

I have been buying guitars like crazy since last year...I guess I better stop for a while, but it's too much fun.
    I now own 5 Peavey guitars and a Peavey bass, all US made...they are great guitars!
    (Also have 4 old Peavey amps, also all US made.)

mark

11. LGOberean

Mark, I'm curious...what about a rundown of your five Peavey guitars and four Peavey amps? Oh, and it sounds like your Public Profile could use an updating.

12. smallstoner

smallstoner Tele-Meister

My first electric was an '87 Falcon, and I still have it. It's been through a lot, and it's pretty banged up, but still plays great. I'd put it up against a Fender any day. People don't know what they're missing with these old USA Peaveys. My friend's old Reactor may be the best Tele I've ever played.

13. Iamcody2010

Iamcody2010 TDPRI Member

Hi I'm new on the forum and recently bought (stole is more of the word) a peavey generation exp vintage in vintage white from a pawn shop for $50!

image-408619562.jpg

I'm planning on doing some mods tell me what you guys think.

image-3713667293.jpg

It's just a rough sketch but I'm going to paint it white with a black deluxe style pickguard, a Seymour Duncan lil' 59 in the bridge with a series parallel switch and a grease bucket tone circuit

14. LGOberean

Wow! $50 is quite a score. Congrats. As for the modifications mentioned, personally I'd stay with the vintage white and the traditional Tele style pickguard.

15. vwfreak

vwfreak TDPRI Member

$50 is an awesome pawn shop price. usually they want double retail....

don't change a thing!!!

16. Iamcody2010

Iamcody2010 TDPRI Member

Alright thanks for the input guys! That's what I wanted to know

17. gtrman56

gtrman56 TDPRI Member

I own an '86 Impact 1 that was my main guitar for years. Has s/s/h pickups and a Kahler top mount trem with heavy duty springs & 1/4 inch trem bar. Stray style without pick guard, and 3 mini toggles for pup switching (hummer has 3 way switch for coil splitting.) The case is a form fit molded case with a cut out handle. If you accidentally pick it up without the latches closed, the top and bottom clamp together keeping the guitar from falling out (cool huh!). Used to own a late '80's Falcon with a Kahler fulcrum trem w/ heavy springs and bar, but I sold it to finance some recording gear. Both killer guitars!

18. LGOberean

Well, I recommended keeping the look stock, but about replacing the bridge pup, does it need it? If it sounds good stock, I'd leave it alone, but if the pup is microphonic or just not to your liking, you'd have cause to change it out. Your call.

19. phaeton

phaeton TDPRI Member

Peavey HP Special USA

I started playing guitar some 20+ years ago in highschool on a Red Peavey Predator. Wish I still had it. On the weekend i bought an Peavey HP Special USA. I enjoying this guitar and love the feel of the bare neck. So far we are getting to know each other ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. LGOberean

Congrats. I'm glad you're enjoying the feel of the neck. I sure like the look of that neck. I'm a sucker for Birdseye Maple with nice figuring.

21. Adam S

Adam S Tele-Meister

Just picked up a Generation EXP Custom ACM...

[​IMG]

So far I am enjoying it, though I don't like the neck much and I am not sure about the pickups. The piezo with ACM is great!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.