Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Peavey Bandit Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Daddydex, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Zeph

Zeph NEW MEMBER!

Nov 16, 2017
    Illinois
    Just joined the forum to chime in.

I’ve got a Teal Stripe Bandit that I love. Bought it at a pawnshop for a steal.

I had struggled to find a OD that worked for me. Well I struck gold. I got the Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop V2 and I love it. It adds just enough dirt to bring it out of super clean SS amp and into an amazing tube on the edge of break up. It responds so well to attack and when I set it pretty dirty it cleans up really nice with my volume knob. If anyone is curious about trying the Barbershop with a bandit I highly recommend it. It takes an already great amp to another level and it stacks well with other pedals to go into nice fuzz and distortion areas. Just seems like it was made for an amp like the bandit.

jwp2 likes this.

2. Newbandit

Newbandit TDPRI Member

Sep 16, 2017
    New Hampshire
    Was just watching Dave Simpson on Youtube demo'ing a redstripe Bandit with some unusual settings. He was using the lead channel with the pre-gain around 3 - 4, bass at 2, mids at 0, treble at 0, presence cranked. So, I tried this on my redstripe (I suppose it would work on a silverstripe or teal stripe as well) and its a real smooth overdrive with a lot less buzziness than you typically get from SS distortion. Im going to try those settings tomorrow night at rehearsal and I'll let you all know how it goes.

jwp2, BadBen, Treynor and 1 other person like this.

3. Newbandit

Newbandit TDPRI Member

Sep 16, 2017
    New Hampshire
    Nevermind. It didn't work. Didn't cut through at all. The lead channel doesn't work for me. Going back to dirt pedals into the clean channel.

4. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

I think Peavey should make a compact "Outlaw Bandit" (the Bandit Bandit, lol) that is just the clean channel in a small box to take pedals well and feed a 1x12, 2x12, or 4x12 cabinet. Emphasize lightweight. I think they can sell a ton. Because that is what most players want to use the Bandit for, the clean channel.

However, did you try this

5. 5595bassman

5595bassman Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2009
    Montreal Canada
    Here is his brother!
    Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe No 2 (2a).JPG

When I found it it was like that
    Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe No 2 Stack Mod (1).JPG

This speaker was in and still is
    Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe No 2 Eminence (1).JPG Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe No 2 Eminence (4).JPG Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe No 2 Eminence (2).JPG

I also have another Teal Stripe with the regular Scorpion.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.