Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pau Ferro fretboard question

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by micpoc, Mar 12, 2018.

1. AndrewG

AndrewG Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    It should do seeing as it translates to 'iron wood' from the Portuguese. Although ironwood is something completely different to pao ferro.

Bruxist likes this.

2. Brett Faust

Brett Faust Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2008
    Washington state
    All 4 of the founders have left, but the future is looking fine for the company.

3. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I have all three, and based on my limited experience, yeah Pau is right betwen RW and ebony. They are all fine, honestly. Based on what I've been seeing the past few years, it seems like both Fender and Gibson are really hard up for decent wood. A good reason to try (at least see) before you buy no matter the brand or wood.

And yeah, I don't know what "pao ferro" really is, but the same is true of mahogany and other species too. There's lots of kinds of trees out there, just fewer and fewer of the good kind.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.