Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Partsquire

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by janman, Mar 3, 2013.

1. janman

janman TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Southern Cal
    This is my newest creation.

Baja Tele body. Mightymite maple neck w/ rosewood board. Five screw Esquire pickguard. Electro Socket jack. Seymour Duncan Little '59 humbucker in the bridge with an Eldred switch setup and a push/pull tone pot to run the coils in series or parallel.

Attached Files:

2. sdoow

sdoow TDPRI Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa
    Really, really nice!

3. Si Stormcrow

Si Stormcrow TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    Class. You've got skills. Can you explain the seris/parallel thing, I'm just getting into messing with guitars and know nothing, I joined so I could learn from you guys who know. what does it sound like?

4. janman

janman TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Southern Cal

5. Si Stormcrow

Si Stormcrow TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hertfordshire

6. The String King

The String King Tele-Afflicted

Mar 6, 2006
    England.
    Awesome, looks great and I bet it sounds killer.

7. strateles

strateles Tele-Holic

Feb 7, 2013
    Eastern NC
    I really like the rosewood board on that body color with the white guard. I dont usually like whiteguards but that just works so well on that setup. Nice Job!

How do you like the MM neck?

8. janman

janman TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Southern Cal
    Right now, I'm running it through my Marshall 2554 and I love it. So many possibilities with the switching. I've just begun my tonal journey with this guitar...

As for the neck, it's an inbetweener. The board edges are slightly rounded (like a Strat) and the neck is fairly thin front to back (also like a Strat) but flat and wide enough to give my fat fingers room to move (like a Tele). It's the MM2904.

9. janman

janman TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Southern Cal
    PS - I wanted contrast in the colors of the pickguard and neck so I went with white. The white guard also makes it evident that there is no neck pickup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.