Parts for telecaster build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Moniyaw, May 23, 2019.

1. Moniyaw

Moniyaw TDPRI Member

Hello, I'm interested in buying parts for a telecaster build/upgrade.
    Does anyone know a good place on the internet where I can order parts?
    I'm in Canada by the way and most of the websites I found don't ship to Canada.
    The ones that ship from Canada are a little overpriced.

This is what I need:

- Locking tuners
    - pickups
    - electronics
    - 6 individual brass saddles
    - bone nut
    - fret file
    - fret rubber to polish the frets even more

I found something on eBay but the parts I need are all from different sellers and I'd rather order everything at once from the same store.
    :)

2. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

I'm just down the highway from you and buy parts a lot. A big part of any build is pricing and sourcing the parts well in advance. What I've found is some things have to come from the US and everyone I've dealt with ship here. If you're on a budget look up bezdez on eBay. He's in Ontario and is very fair on shipping. For electronics I usually get it from nextgen and they are in Ontario as well. I have also bought electronics from artoftone.com but you have to go to there website and email them because the online store doesn't accept international orders. If you order through email he'll send you a PayPal invoice and is also great to deal with. If you're looking for Gotoh locking tuners check out and contact woodtoworks.com. They are in B.C. and are great to deal with too. However, they get the tuners shipped in from Japan and it takes a couple of months. I got bone nuts from China on eBay. Really good files can be found at japarts.ca otherwise you are back at eBay or Amazon. I go to stewmac only when I have to. Their pricing can become very prohibitive when you count in the exchange on the items and shipping. The price difference between here and the US is not as bad as you may think. It is more but not outrageous. Factor in the exchange. I use 1.37 to be safe.

I order well in advance because items from China and eBay can take 2 months to get here.

3. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Holic

Having the same problem, I chose to get them from China. It takes looong time, but some parts are really good for my needs.

4. Moniyaw

Moniyaw TDPRI Member

Can I trust China for tuning machines and electronics?

5. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

I would go to bezdez over China for tuners. Electronics matter. Get proper stuff.

6. RiversQC

RiversQC TDPRI Member

Canada, eh?

Nextgen in ottawa is great for electronics, knobs, screws and such.

Two offshore places I trust (and ship fairly quickly, 2-3 weeks) are Donlis on aliexpress and eyguitarmusic. Decent parts and prices, including tuners, bridges and pickups.

I also recently did the strewmac annual shipping plan, which is about the same as 2-3 orders if you are likely to get specialty stuff.

Moniyaw and Old Deaf Roadie like this.
  7. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
  8. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Holic

Sometimes is just luck. Usually, I had no problems with.
    For electronics I go with something better... still they're nod bad.

9. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

I shop parts on the parts dealer sites, such as Stew-Mac (who will gladly ship to Canada) and All Parts, then look up the item, and typically order it on Amazon for a lower price. We have 2 music stores in our county. One just closed because they were junk dealers, and the other one is more of a "hobby store". I have no guilt procuring parts in this manner.

Moniyaw likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.