Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Paradise

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frontman, May 17, 2017.

1. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    It's 7 in the morning, I am sitting on a lounge chair under the palm trees watching the waves rolling over. I'm in Ko Olina, Hawaii. The weather is perfect, blue skies, white clouds, warm and dry, with a wonderful breeze. The sea is a beautiful blue-green colour, I can hear the sounds of birds singing. I can see the half moon up in the sky, slowly rolling to the west. It would be wonderful to stay here forever.

I rented a new Cadillac sedan to drive around in, I love driving, and there are worse places to drive than Oahu. The car is quiet, comfortable, and powerful. I seldom get to drive anymore, and I love driving as much now as I did when I was 16.

But alas, I have only a couple more days in paradise, then it is a 7 hour flight back to noisy and crowded Tokyo. After I get back, I'll begin counting the days until I can come back here again.

J Hog, src9000, Stubee and 8 others like this.

2. kuvash

kuvash Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2010
    Upper California
    Love it,thanks for sharing.

3. Tom in Georgia

Tom in Georgia TDPRI Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Georgia
    Enjoy! I hope to get there someday. And, how about posting a few pics so that us "office rats" can at least dream?
    Tom

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    Yep, there or the Caribbeans.

[​IMG]

kuvash likes this.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

7. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Aloha ~ just stay and make Hawaii your new home :)

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Watch out for mermaids.:eek:

BTW, I drive through Paradise on my way to the big city about once a month. :cool: Just sayin'

Stringbanger likes this.

9. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2007
    St. Croix, USVI
    Yep, paradise is nice. Love the Caribbean. Never been to Hawaii. It looks nice but too big and crowded for me. Besides, if you watch Hawaii 50, the crime & violence is out of control

src9000 likes this.

10. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    Here I thought this was about a John Prine song.

zook, televillian and Johnson johnson like this.

11. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Tele-Afflicted

Wifey and I have a place at Cocoa Beach. I love that place, especially in winter.........
    Drink in hand toes in sand. Category 4 Hurricanes at the Sandbar.

12. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

So, what's for lunch in paradise today?....:)

13. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    I was blessed enough to go to Oahu last November and stay at the FourSeasons Ko Olina. My wife was there on business so a large part of the trip was paid for and I got to tag along. It was an experience I'll never forget. Enjoy

14. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    By The Levee
    Aloha. My kind of holiday Frontman, on one of my favorite places.

My wife and I have visited Hawaii every year since 1989 - the year we met. We have been to every island except Lanai. We like Big Island best.

Oahu is varied - urban, rural, beaches - and great and lots of history. We have stayed at Ko Olina, very nice. Excellent flea market at Aloha Stadium. We also like the North Shore and Haleiwa. Mai Tais and pupus at the Royal Hawaiian at sunset. Also, good beach at Fort DeRussy and the concession stand makes a killer Mai Tai.

We are staying on Waikiki in November - she got us a deal on air and lodging. Waikiki's hustle and bustle can be interesting. We are also going to the U of Hawaii Warriors v. Fresno State Bulldogs football game at Aloha. Mrs. Slim is an aluma of FSU and a die hard Bulldog.

15. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I never thought I was a tropical kind of person until I went to Hawaii. My brother in law was living there and getting ready to move back with his wife and family. My sweetie and I flew over to help them move back thanks to BIL's wife's father who had a gazillion frequent flier miles that paid for our trip. We were there two weeks in Honolulu with a trip to Kauai. I have friends in the Hawaiian Steel Guitar community and we got to go out and hear some great music and eat wonderful food. One night we were at a bar on Waikiki, I was listening to traditional steel guitar music sipping a Mai Tai. I didn't want to leave. One of life's perfect moments.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.