Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

PA newbie question about using a Mustang Floor

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DougF, Mar 31, 2013.

1. DougF

DougF Tele-Meister

Nov 7, 2004
    Southern Minnesota
    Sorry to ask such an obvious question, but even at my advanced age this is all new to me. I need to get a patch cable to hook up my new Mustang Floor to my mixer for live gigs. The mixer has both XLR and 1/4" "ins" input channels. The Mustang has L and R XLR out and L and R 1/4" unbalanced outputs. I know the XLR outputs are more for recording due to their low noise. Am I better off using both 1/4" outputs on the Mustang to the mixer or just the left one? Do I want to go into an XLR line input channel on the mixer or the 1/4" "ins" input. I'm trying to figure out what kind of patch cable I need to get. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Either one will work, but given the choice I would go the XLR route (balanced cables, more secure connections). If the PA is mono, you won't get any benefit from running both outputs, just use a summed mono output from the Mustang (if it can do that, which it should).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.