Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

P90 / Rail Humbucker Wiring

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by draggindakota, Jul 3, 2018.

1. draggindakota

draggindakota Tele-Meister

Jun 28, 2017
    Lehigh Acres, Florida
    I'm kicking around the idea of routing out my thin line copy to put a P90 in the neck position and then swapping in a rail type humbucker in the bridge.

I'm a complete novice with guitar wiring but I'm thinking that this diagram would work for what I want:

[​IMG]

I'm wondering if this could be modified somehow to allow phase switching of the humbucker, maybe with another push-pull in place of the volume pot. Anyone have any ideas?

2. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Yep. That diagram will work and you can do the phase thing with another push-pull. Do you want to put the bridge pickup out of phase with the neck, or the two coils of the bridge pickup out of phase with each other?

3. draggindakota

draggindakota Tele-Meister

Jun 28, 2017
    Lehigh Acres, Florida
    Sweet. I'd like to be able to put the bridge coils out of phase with each other.

4. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson

5. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    As for the routing option you’re talking about, there a a LOT of pickup winders making great telecaster sized P90s. So, unless you’re jonsong for the soapbar look, you could save yourself a lot of hassle by getting a T90 pickup for the neck.

6. tele_savales

tele_savales TDPRI Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Brooklyn, Joey!
    [​IMG]
    Here's what I did and it's sick. Bareknuckles Pig90 neck and VHII Hb bridge. I used a 5 way super switch with a plate from Rock Rabbit with an angled pickup selector slot. Not terribly complicated but the switch is pretty snug.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.