Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

P/J Pickup Style Wiring Diagram + Parts Info Needed.

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by elche, Dec 24, 2006.

1. elche

elche TDPRI Member

Hello!

I'd like to solder together the electronics in a bass that I'm gutting and putting new electronic parts in. It's an Ibanez with a P/J style pickup set. '

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP126-PJ-Neck-Bridge-Bass-Pickup-Set?sku=302285

these are the picks ups i'd like to put in, but I'd like to know what kind of pots I need, and what kind of wire I need to solder. I'd like to know everything I would need before I start taking things apart and soldering.

Let me know!

Thanks.

2. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

Seymour Duncan has a standard P/J diagram here for a "normal" V/V/T setup. Pots would normally be 250K audio taper unless DiMarzio recommends otherwise. Wiring would normally be standard non-shielded 22AWG hookup wire unless you have other ideas.

3. Kazan

Kazan TDPRI Member

elche ,
    I just did a Bass for my grandson . Setup just like in the diagram that Dave W showed . I used CTS pots , the larger the pot diameter the better , more variation in volume and / or tone . 250K audio for the volumes , and a 500K audio for tone with a .473 cap . It sounds better than my same model Bass with active pickups .

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.