Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Original Wiring photos?

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by pcasarona, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM.

1. pcasarona

pcasarona Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2013
    Auburn, AL
    Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had photos of original control plate wiring for a post '67 Tele that they would be willing to share.

Thanks,

2. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Dec 8, 2010
    Montreal
    Neck date March 1968 purchased new that year. Original except the bridge pickup was changed for a Seymour Duncan - same wiring ground to back of volume pot, p/u lead to switch.

Had to wire the Seymour backwards or it was out of phase. The cloth wires and wiring on the switch are original, the Seymour Duncan wires are plastic covered.

Back of the pot was soldered a few times for pickup changes so is a mess but was fried anyways so recently replaced it. You can't make it out in the pic but those pots are dated 1966.

That original old switch is smooth, tight and clicks into place better than the new branded Fender 3 way switch I tried - even after almost 50 years.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:06 PM

3. Oldwood

Oldwood TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Could you give a view of the switch from the sides? I have a 67 which I believe to be the older wiring but the neck pickup isn’t working and is out for a rewind.

4. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Dec 8, 2010
    Montreal
    Neck pickup is the cloth white wire on the left coming up from below - it goes to the outside top lug on the switch at the extreme left. I'll post another tomorrow if I have any.

5. pcasarona

pcasarona Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2013
    Auburn, AL

Thanks so much!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.