Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Origin Effects Rivival Drive = Oh Hell Yeah!!

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Shuster, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Shuster

Shuster Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Oct 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Hey guy's, any of you own this pedal and your thoughts. I ran into one on accident the other night, when I noticed a guy getting sick Marshall tones out of a Fender HR Deluxe??? WTF how are you conjuring up this magic?? Once I got closer, I spotted this knob monster, and remember seeing it in a mag recently. Sat with the guy for an hour while he dialed all kinds of stunning tones out of it,,

Just effin WoW!! I couldn't get home fast enough to go hunt one down and order it! Can't wait for it to get here, anybody else love this pedal??

2. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    I'd get a helix before dropping $600 on one of those.

brogh likes this.
  3. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    i would just buy a Marshall

Chunkocaster likes this.
  4. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    And a Revival Drive so you can get sick Hot Rod Deluxe tones out of your Marshall.

5. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    the last thing i would ever want out of any marshall is to ruin with a fender tone

Chunkocaster and 7171551 like this.
  6. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    You could get a MIAB and run it in front of the Revival Drive.

MilwMark likes this.
  7. Shuster

Oct 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Okay, I guess that's a "oh hell no" :) Oh well,,

8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    $549 or $649...ouch!

9. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Funny...forever, one of the most asked for things from a rig has always been to get fender and marshall from a amp. Then when someone basically designs something that does just that you get "why ruin a fender tone" ! LOL! Wacky. In any case, i think that pedal sounds very vintage marshall and i would say exceptional, especially for a pedal. But @ $500-600 maybe not as happening as it would be if mortal men could afford it. I like it tho and could see myself digging it if it sounds and feels like it may from that video.

Shuster likes this.
  10. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I just bought a new Origin 50 Combo for the price of that pedal. Ok, I traded into it, but still. I also have a HRD. It's just plain easy to get good tones out of it.

Also, the new HRD IV does pretty Marshall-esque tones on the drive channel.

As always, I'd say those great tones the OP witnessed were the player, not the gear.

11. twotele

twotele TDPRI Member

May 22, 2011
    london
    Well done !!

I have one and it’s the best overdrive I’ve ever used... by a mile
    Different to the other O/Ds I’ve tried over the years, it has an awesome feel. It is very dynamic, easily cleaning up with a lower signal (eg pick attack, or guitar volume).

Undeniably expensive, but if you keep gear like this, you probably end up avoiding multiple cheaper purchases down the line.. my guess is you’ll love it

Shuster likes this.
  12. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

Jan 30, 2015
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Until the new one comes out :lol:

Shuster likes this.
  13. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    That sounds like the same thing that everyone says when they get their new $15 overdrive from China.

DrBGood likes this.
  14. kafka

kafka Tele-Holic

Oct 18, 2013
    Maryland
    Looks neat. I love the Cali76 and SlideRig. But, $520 for a dirt pedal? Not likely.

15. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Holic

Apr 1, 2013
    NW USA
    I own both an original big box Cali 76 & Slide Rig. If the overdrive is built to the standard of my Cali 76 with transformer, then it actually is worth $550 street. How much does an early issue Ibanez TS-808 or TS-9 cost? Often far more than the Revival Drive which probably has more range as a pedal. The build quality on the big box Origin Effects pedals is extremely well done. The Revival Drive looks like a great box for studio work. As most with newer gear that interests me, I will look for one used. Surely a weekend warrior will buy one and not be patient enough to figure out how to use it.

twotele and Shuster like this.
  16. kafka

kafka Tele-Holic

Oct 18, 2013
    Maryland
    Origin Effects makes great stuff. I just can't get into dirt that much.

17. Shuster

Oct 31, 2018
    South Texas
    I bought mine used, from that exact weekend warrior, that buy's all the newest hottest gear gets bored with it in 5 min's and sells it for the next crazy noise box. I have scored more killer gear off this guy, I wish he would take up another hobby,,lol

This is not a dirt pedal in the sense that many think of, it's more of a bunch of vintage amps in a box. And it really makes no difference what amp you plug into, you'll have a big a$$ smile on your face once you hear what the box has to offer. And didn't pay any more than what I paid for a Strymon Big Sky or Timeline, so worth it to me. Buy good gear that you won't dump in a couple of months the way I look at it.

twotele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.