Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Opinions on the Bluesbreaker mk1

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Hendrixlvr, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Cool, thanks CP. I'll check it out. Seems like the 4.7k shouldn't be too hard. It will be connected to other components in a way the others aren't, I'd expect.

2. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    Haven't played an original but recently received the analogman KOT and I'm so thrilled about how it puts the guitar where it needs to be (for me) in the mix. I got the regular model and leave the yellow side on all the time. It's hard to explain how it both colors but also is clear enough sounding that, if you like your rig, you won't be annoyed by some obnoxious mid lift or eq change. It just works perfectly, and with any of my guitars amps. I also really like that the higher gain side is pre boost, so when I need more gain, everything just beefs up opposed to the usual dramatic shift I usually get when switching to the gainy sound. Stacks remarkably well too. My favorite rig now is my 62av with lollar dirty blondes fulltone octafuzz-->KOT-->slapback-->Allen Old Flame (super reverb-ish). Delivers in spades. It's worth noting that the this and most bluesbreaker clones are NOT gainy pedals, they really are more like boosts. I set the controls all at 2/3 o clock and it works perfectly. I'm an advocate of cascading lighter gain stages opposed to going full out for a more "natural" sound and if I need something crazy, I'll just use a fuzz or rat style thing. Happy hunting !

Hendrixlvr likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.