Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

oooh eye candy vintage vault 1962 Fender Telecaster Fiesta Red

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by rze99, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
  2. Wally

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    You are correct. You did not say it was amusing. Neither did I. (;^)
    You said it was a joke. I disagree that it was intended as a joke. I don’t really know if it were meant to be taken literally or as a joke. That was perhaps presumptuous of me to th8nk I could know the mind of another on this forum. We don’t need no stink8n’ literal interpretations, right? No matter....intended joke or not...it was not funny. And......I know of much worse that has been done to valuable vintage instruments and amps that destroyed their value. So....I took it literally and responded in a manner to perhaps prevent someone from screwing up a guitar in a similar manner.... a ‘54 Les Paul goldtop with the finish removed to be replaced by brushed on varnish....a Dec 1954 Strat refinished.
    Glad to be here......needing a GOOD laugh. Anyone know any real jokes??

rze99 likes this.
  3. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Just...WOW!

Tonetele likes this.
  4. Wally

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Come on, man....can’t you appreciate when someone is having a bit of fun with folks???? Jeeezzz...

rze99 and agogetr like this.
  5. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Referring to the original post, not the hijack. Sorry if I wasn't clear and offended you.

6. agogetr

agogetr Tele-Meister

Sep 24, 2018
    nashville
    you got it right wally, thats how i feel about the guitar, if my posts liven things up a bit then thats a good thing too!
    and your right it would be better for me to sell it if i didnt like the looks of it.
    it reminds me though of a guitarists connection with their instrument, my friends pal has a 57 mary kay strat with a flamed neck, i told my buddy to call him to see if i could buy it. the guy had sanded the body and repainted it! my pal told him he really messed up the value of the guitar but the guy said he will never sell it anyway so who cares?
    stevie ray vaughn would touch up the edges of his strat with car model paint (at least thats what i read)
    i have a 64 strat i love it has nice even wear and nicks here and there, but it has one big nasty scratch behind the bridge that bothers me, if i had a good luthier touch that up at the end of the day how much value would be lost? a 64 is only worth what 10 to 12k? would it be worth 9k? i think so but it doesnt matter because i wont sell it anyway.
    i hope folks can find some humour in my statements and allow me my unorthodox views on things. all of the political guitar correctness doesnt always apply to some people.
    people can and do pay money for beat up guitars, have you seen john mayers 'the black one' ? thats one ugly guitar and its not even an old one! and 22k??? whoopie!!!
    wally good to know you came out of the hospital OK those places scare me to no end, ive had to go a couple times myself. i eat a lot of apples, some stores have reliced ones

Wally and Skamania like this.
  7. BoogerRooger

BoogerRooger Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 3, 2009
    Suffolk Coast
  8. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ireland
    Crazy to think back in 1962 the amp was equivalent to $3,700 and the guitar was nearly $2,000! That's an expensive set up right there.

Wally likes this.
  9. Skamania

Skamania Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

Jul 27, 2018
    California
    That is a very nice pre-CBS Tele. The color is great!

10. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
  11. agogetr

agogetr Tele-Meister

Sep 24, 2018
    nashville
    fiesta red is my fave of the reds, ive had a couple that may have been 'friday' guitars, no undercoat. didnt know at the time some went out that way.

chemobrain likes this.
  12. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    when I post my responsive gag re-relex to that color I meant no offence to anybody I know that it's very popular color here.
    my favorite color is matte flat black. It's been my favorite color since I was nine or ten years of , how many kid like flat black at that age? when I look back on it it is weird.
    Fenders metallic red and hot rod red speak to me but, it still isn't matte flat black .:(

13. agogetr

agogetr Tele-Meister

Sep 24, 2018
    nashville
    i used to like my old chevy;s matte flat black. i actually have a refin 67 tele that color with a T top bucker in the rythm slot ala kief, i love the look dont plan on changing anything! (except it had a black pickguard and i changed it to white)

14. 63strat63

63strat63 TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Madison
    I'm quite familiar with that guitar and it's a good one. Sure wish I could have played it through that amp though.

15. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    Hahaha!

16. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    Yeah? was it semi gloss or flat white?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.