Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Online Dealer with weights listed

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jcourtjr, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jcourtjr

jcourtjr TDPRI Member

Jan 11, 2019
    us
    Anyone know where I can get a Baja Tele with weights listed on the website. I know sweetwater does that. Anyone else know?

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
  3. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

Aug 28, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    ask sellers on reverb. People ask me about guitar weights all the time, often with no intention of purchasing. If I say a guitar is about 7 pounds, then they ask ounces.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome!

There's a somewhat limited amount of demand for this. Dealers know from experience that when the subject is emphasized, the would be buyer is much less likely to be actually buying something. He's browsing. The happiest buyers burrow into "the rack" of guitars at their favorite stores and are looking for a guitar with "it" and they buy it when they find it and 6 ounces this way, 8 ounces that way, they don't actually care as they pull out their credit card.

You're 17 and therefore I presume not wracked with back pain from 35 years of shows and loading large amplifiers in an out. If you have a disability then I have egg on my face, but please believe me, today's compulsive attention to guitar weight is really about older performers who are hurting and trying to find an instrument that will permit them to stay doing what they love a little bit longer.

Sorry about the sermon! I feel like I have to intervene since I am the "Chicken Little" who warned people over 10 years ago to mind the weights on these 50s Bajas (of which I have 7). But in the end "Pensacola", my heaviest at about 9 pounds, in some ways sounds the best of the 7.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Ydwen Jones likes this.
  5. r1962j

r1962j Tele-Meister

Oct 31, 2010
    St. Paul, MN
    I don't know if they have one right now or not but Dave's Guitar lists weights.

6. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Most dealers selling new don't list weights because you may not be getting exactly the one in the photo. You might need to call/email to get that information.

Chicago Music Exchange seems to do weights for most of their used items.

7. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I think zzounds lists weights.

CME will grudgingly give it if you ask.

If you're ready to buy, you might call a big place like MF and ask them to sort one for you. Say you don't want one unless it's below a certain weight. They might tell you to take a hike, but then they've done it for me before...

8. Steve Perry

Steve Perry Tele-Meister

Apr 21, 2003
    Elizabethtown, KY
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.