Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

One piece neck and body????

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by plumber666, Sep 18, 2017.

1. plumber666

plumber666 TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Kelowna BC
    image.jpg Yep. Bought this a couple of days ago along with a crappy 60s SS amp. Dude said it was a neck thru, but even through the thick Varathane I thought something was off. Took some stripper to it, then sanded a whack. I cannot see any joints anywhere on this guitar. The mahogany grain runs up the neck from the body, no apparent glued on "wings". Headstock is part of the neck, no joints. No seams for a pancake body. It's all one piece. Anybody know what I have here?
    Silvertone might have made something like this in the late 50s/early 60s, but nowhere near this Strat-ish body style. There were two DeArmond toaster pickups screwed to the top of this thing and the pickup wires poked through two holes on the front of the guitar. As if at one time there was a floating pickguard with controls on it. The only other hole is for the jack, in a typical Gibson location.
    Is this a homemade thing? What the hell is it?

2. plumber666

plumber666 TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Kelowna BC

3. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    I've seen something like this before. I think it's a 60-70's Japanese guitar. Used to come under different brands - Univox was one, Coronet another. There'll be a join somewhere. Just very precise gluing.

4. plumber666

plumber666 TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Kelowna BC
    I dunno man. Good gluing is one thing, but the way the grain runs, well it's seamless.

5. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

onepiece.jpg I know a guy who makes his guitars like that. All of them. From a single piece of wood.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.