Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

One Last Family Shot

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by csapo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. csapo

csapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2006
    San Francisco
    Before I say goodbye to most of my beautiful Fender Custom Shop Telecasters (+ one Strat)...

[​IMG]

2. NickDanger

NickDanger Tele-Meister

Apr 23, 2007
    Texas
    :( where are they going?

3. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle
    Uh-oh, PM me, I saw some of these on Ebay already...

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Bernie

Bernie Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Have you sold the Girls yet?

6. kedj11

kedj11 Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2010
    Hollywood, CA
    I sold a CIJ Custom Tele today that I really would have preferred to have kept but I still have the other four. Hope the guy I sold it to enjoys it.

7. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted

Wow, you have some of the nicest Teles I've seen on this forum. There must be a good reason, but the Marty too? Say it ain't so. :( I'm sure the new owners will be happy. :D

8. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    the valley
    Obviously he's selling them so he can have a place to sleep!

Nice pic, and nice bunch of Teles. A Jimmy Bryant, never even seen one in person. And a Tuff-Dog!

What are you keeping?

9. csapo

csapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2006
    San Francisco
    The green "Spanish Roccoco" Girl has gone, but thinking seriously about keep the red "Crossroads" Girl...

[​IMG]

Thank you. The Marty Stuart is staying with me...

Thanks also. At this point, I fairly certain I will be keeping the "Marty Stuart", the sunburst "40th Anniversary", the "Greg Koch" masterbuilt, the masterbuilt "Blind Faith" (buried in there somewhere on the right side) and the "Cunetto" Nocaster.

The "Andy Summers" and the Merle "Tuff Dog" have sold already...

10. Bernie

Bernie Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    I'd encourage you to keep Crossroads if you can. Everyone who had a Girl and sold it wishes they didn't. I had French Girl, had to sell it (emergency) and kept an eye out for one when I could afford it. I got lucky and found another, but it took a *long* time, and I was really making the effort. I felt super lucky, as the seller was getting a lot of calls from all over the country, but I was local and offered to come over right away - saved him the shipping hassle. Another thought - with Crossroads, you've got the Chris Larsen and Janet Miller collaboration, which is pretty cool. These days, Girls are almost impossible to replace if you have regrets later, and I don't think Chris is making them any longer.

11. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force, as if suddenly the price of used CS teles dipped due to a bunch of them going on sale at the same time....

12. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Csapo, your collection has always been like going to a candy store. Thanks for that.

13. csapo

csapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2006
    San Francisco
    Thanks very much.

Bernie, I do agree with you. I look at Chris Larsen's Girl Brand guitars as working pieces of art. You are correct that he is not producing them anymore and in fact, when I recently went to the Girl Brand website, it had been closed down. A shame because it contained many pics of his creations.

I'm going to do my best to hold on to it...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.